2012 94.7

Agteros

Thanks, glad to see some of you guys appreciating the Think BIke Marshals. Bloody long day for us, we were on station at 4 AM and rode in with the last riders around 4:30 PM. Most of us did at least 3 circuits with one or two doing 4. With travelling we did anywhere from 350 to 480 KMs on the day. We were 43 on the road plus 3 in the JOC and then our CREW who kept us fed and hydrated. Our biggest problem on the day was keeping hydrated under our leathers and protective gear. As much as I tried, my wife would not let me put my sweaty helmet in the wshing machine.mellow.png Off road rescue and Netcare 911 need a mention here too.

Great job guys and much appreciated thumbup1.gif

Hope the guy that went down early on in Bryanston is on the road to recovery.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, glad to see some of you guys appreciating the Think BIke Marshals. Bloody long day for us, we were on station at 4 AM and rode in with the last riders around 4:30 PM. Most of us did at least 3 circuits with one or two doing 4. With travelling we did anywhere from 350 to 480 KMs on the day. We were 43 on the road plus 3 in the JOC and then our CREW who kept us fed and hydrated. Our biggest problem on the day was keeping hydrated under our leathers and protective gear. As much as I tried, my wife would not let me put my sweaty helmet in the wshing machine.mellow.png Off road rescue and Netcare 911 need a mention here too.

Thanks to the bike marshalls!!!!!! drool.gif

Did something happen in the vets group that influenced the results?

Nothing in particular but you never know. These are conclusions from reading the comments on the thread + talking to people that rode in licensed bunches. It is a big race, everyone prepares for it, licensed riders maybe more than others. We all pay fees, some in the licensed bunches 10 x what we pay but in return they can't even know for sure it will be a fair race.

calling all the brainy hubbers out there,, my time was 3;04 i weigh 100kg, if my weight was 80kg (ie i lost the extra 20kg i am carrying) approx what would my time be??

Slap two bags of 10kg dog food to your back and do the route again - whatever the difference is subtract that from this years time with an added 5% variance for the reduced body weight.

That is my formula and I'm sticking with it!

The dry wors was worth it.....

Mate...by the time I got there you had eaten all the wors and all they were dishing out was salvation thumbdown.gif

To get the sticker to stick properly it needed to be applied the night before.

yeah, tried that. made no difference, was gone half way into the race.

Yep, + + for the water points...and I should probably share this:

So I get home at around 2 and immediately head down to the swimming pool at our security complex and guess what...cooling off are 5 of the fine ladies who danced the first session at the Coca Cola water point...it turns out one of them live a few houses from me and invited her friends to cool off after the day's entertainment.

A fine day it was...

whistling.gif you know the drill...

pics or it didn't happen

stuck mine the night before and used pins incase
stuck mine the night before too but it came tumbling off as I put my shirt on. Then put pins but because of the type of paper used they easily tore through.

stuck mine the night before too but it came tumbling off as I put my shirt on. Then put pins but because of the type of paper used they easily tore through.

I put my jersey on and got someone to stick the number on the night before. It stuck like k@k to a wol kombers!

i used a punch to make holes in the number first :) worked like a charm

Yep, + + for the water points...and I should probably share this:

So I get home at around 2 and immediately head down to the swimming pool at our security complex and guess what...cooling off are 5 of the fine ladies who danced the first session at the Coca Cola water point...it turns out one of them live a few houses from me and invited her friends to cool off after the day's entertainment.

A fine day it was...

u know the rules, if u dont have a photo...it never happened whistling.gif

Hey guys. It's been a long time.

My first race since 94.7 in 2009. Managed a 3:11:57 riding in I.

Kid, I see you are riding tupperware bikes now and still breaking chains. Obviously this works for one who is nowquite the racing snake.

Slavester!!! Kid is quite the racing snake now. I think he does nothing BUT riding his bike.

Only way for me to put more km on my car than what he puts on his bike was to go to far away places for bike races... Like Kremetart, Jock, OFM.