2012 94.7

Agteros

I finished towards the back of B - think with the 2nd group of C riders. We had a golden-ish Volvo sedan shadowing us all the way from the N14 somewhere. EC plates if I remember correctly. Seems like they were 'watching'/seconding? a drop out from the Elite ladies bunches?

No other incidents to speak of other that the bloke who sat at the front of the group, sweated so much that he showered the rest of is in drops of sweat. Dodging this I moved a bit to the side (nobody close to me to either side) only to get some wheel sitter shouting obscenities at me from behind me... Sorry mister, but if you want to overlap wheels with riders ahead of you, you WILL come short - all your own doing!

Luckily he did not touch wheels, or go down. Anyway he should go back to bunch riding 101!!! And work on your language skill. Profanities merely indicates an inability of express yourself!

Edited by robox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Buys: Give it Horns boet! they started just before us in DD.

I am sure there were commissars at the start checking for helmet straps: otherwise what role does CSA play? Perhaps as little as possible is a good idea.

I often find myself sitting on a hill looking over Jo'Burg on a clear day taking pics, there is just something special about that view.

One stunning view is when you come up off the N17 and do a 270, you get a stunning panoramic vista looking to the horizon in all directions.

Can't agree . 94.7 even with the wind is much easier .

Maybe its a subjective experience, the last 1/3 of the 94.7 is real tough, those massive undulations and the heat ...

The Argus on the other hand, well as a visitor its all just so beautiful you forget the pain. And I've done it 12x , every time its becomes easier, although not faster it must be said.

Can someone tell me who was the official photographers for this event, I only found 1 photo of myself on actionphotos.

I did 1.5 laps for two photos. One basically just a zoomed in version of the other!

edit: They seem to have photos on the website sooner than last year. Maybe they are still busy loading the rest?

Edited by robox

Can someone tell me who was the official photographers for this event, I only found 1 photo of myself on actionphotos.

Give it a couple of days, there is a lot of manual work involved "tagging" people in every picture they upload. They need to physically look at the photo to see your race number I assume.

I did 1.5 laps for two photos. One basically just a zoomed in version of the other!

edit: They seem to have photos on the website sooner than last year. Maybe they are still busy loading the rest?

Hi guys. Action was the company used for the event. I however am a Proffesional photographer and travel the country to cover sporting events and use it on my website. I have been featured in magazines, paper on radio and have a few Pro's using my images for their blogs. The guys on "THE HUB" know my work pretty well. I have started downloading the images and it is getting updated every second. you can go take a look for yourself. http://www.capcha.co.za

Edited by Capcha Photography

Hi guys. Action was the company used for the event. I however am a Proffesional photographer and travel the country to cover sporting events and use it on my website. I have been featured in magazines, paper on radio and have a few Pro's using my images for their blogs. The guys on "THE HUB" know my work pretty well. I have started downloading the images and it is getting updated every second. you can go take a look for yourself. http://www.capcha.co.za

Is there a way to search by your #?

calling all the brainy hubbers out there,, my time was 3;04 i weigh 100kg, if my weight was 80kg (ie i lost the extra 20kg i am carrying) approx what would my time be??

One of the latest cycling mags (? Bicycling) had an article on that. Gave % per kg on uphill. Will look it up and let you know

One of the latest cycling mags (? Bicycling) had an article on that. Gave % per kg on uphill. Will look it up and let you know

thanks thats a higher grade maths question,i got matric with a warning not to come back!!!

Also found one on my favourite stretch of road

post-32242-0-31122300-1353337113_thumb.jpg

These were the best looking dancers yesterday IMO.

I was battling to see anything at this point

Edited by jcza