2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone doing the mountain bike 94.7? 50km? I am not sure whether I want to do that or the road one... I've never done either

Im in for the MTB race with a couple of buddies, I have been told it is not the most exciting race with loads of those btl neck's - but hey will take my time and just enjoy hte day!

So if you're not in by now . . . It's tickets!

From FB

Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge

Due to the HUGE demand, we are holding entries open until demand slows down!! A record amount of entries are coming in.

Make sure you get yours in...

Im in for the MTB race with a couple of buddies, I have been told it is not the most exciting race with loads of those btl neck's - but hey will take my time and just enjoy hte day!

Last year there were a number of bottlenecks, and riders from lower groups catching groups in front and trying to force their way around others. Also a really badly positioned watering point early on up an incline where people were stopping all over the riding line.

Saw some people loosing their humor a bit.

It was also scorching hot and they ran out of water at the watering point near Allandale. Only had this bad tasting blue Powerade or something like that.

So all in all was not the greatest event, but the sucker in me has made me go back again this year to see if it is any better.

They were saying on Supercycling last week that the delay between groups was going to be extended to aid with congestion. Problem was though that congestion was not only in the early parts of the race.

But hey, let's see, maybe it turns out to be a good day out, and then switching to the road bike the next weekend :thumbup:

hmmm.... yeah right. the cynic in me always reads the opposite in statements like that!

Yip, I just registered now...

Last year there were a number of bottlenecks, and riders from lower groups catching groups in front and trying to force their way around others. Also a really badly positioned watering point early on up an incline where people were stopping all over the riding line.

Saw some people loosing their humor a bit.

It was also scorching hot and they ran out of water at the watering point near Allandale. Only had this bad tasting blue Powerade or something like that.

So all in all was not the greatest event, but the sucker in me has made me go back again this year to see if it is any better.

They were saying on Supercycling last week that the delay between groups was going to be extended to aid with congestion. Problem was though that congestion was not only in the early parts of the race.

But hey, let's see, maybe it turns out to be a good day out, and then switching to the road bike the next weekend http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

my goodness you do enjoy the punishment :)

After last years mtb ride, I vowed never again, there are much better rides to do and get proper value for money. the road race will be good, (as always) and so will Berg n bush, Midvaal, Van Gaalens Trailseeker, and Crater Cruise leading up to it.

hmmm.... yeah right. the cynic in me always reads the opposite in statements like that!

Know what you mean.

mmmmmm

2 x sub3 on one day....first loop on road, second loop on knoblies....possible?

1st loop very doable... second loop....shooooooweeee, good luck with that.

mmmmmm

Rather do the first loop with nobbies...

mmmmmm

1 x sub 2:45 will be good enough for me.

But I have faith in your ability and you should easily manage that :thumbup:

1 x sub 2:45 will be good enough for me.

But I have faith in your ability and you should easily manage that :thumbup:

going for a sub 3 myself, but not sure how its going to go, have been battling with flu and have not been on the bike since Fountains Cycle Race on the 24/09 :(