It nearly happened to me too.

Sammajoor

Oncoming cars flash at me and sometimes pull off the road ... they might think its an abnormal load.

If someone cant see me, I look him in the eye with my headlamp :eek:

My christmas tree looks like this.

1x 808 Magic Shine - on Full on handlebar

1x LedLenser M7 - on Strobe on handlebar

1x LedLenser H7R on Full on helmet

1x Blackburn Mars Click Rear

Waiting on stock ... then I am adding this bad boy Owleye rear light to the back of my helmet also. Usb Rechargeable and it is farking bright!

Those R50 jobbie lights just does not work, they seem bright when you switch them on in the shop the first time and that is about it. Proper lights that is actually visible further than 3m away cost some money and it is money well spent!

Maybe get another temp rear light. I would rather have more rear lights than front as I can see in front of me but cannot see what is happening behind me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need to get is a reflective vest, or even better, purchase some reflective tape

+1

I paid R35 for my reflective vest at Industrial clothing co.

I've got reflective tape on my rims and it is really very lisible from the side

My 2c worth.

Three (not a continuous big strip) strips of prismatic reflective tape on the rims. This gives a strobe effect if white light is on it. I use both red and white lights at the back. White rear light lights up the rider too and also reflects off the turning wheels.

Three (not a continuous big strip) strips of prismatic reflective tape on the rims. This gives a strobe effect if white light is on it.

Agreed

My 2c worth.

Three (not a continuous big strip) strips of prismatic reflective tape on the rims. This gives a strobe effect if white light is on it. I use both red and white lights at the back. White rear light lights up the rider too and also reflects off the turning wheels.

It's really the case

I agree

All you need to get is a reflective vest, or even better, purchase some reflective tape

"a reflective vest",

This is a good idea

I have seen riding friends through this vest, be good to remind people what.

Sigma karma on front. Cateye at back. Knogg frog red on back hub, white on fork. Valve lights (flashy blue) on both wheels and green flashy clipped to jacket. THAT is what counts as Christmas tree ;-)

Question...

How do you mount that? With one of their handlebar units? If so does it hold well?

The M7 comes with a belt clip. I strap the belt clip to the bars with a velcro strap and it works perfectly. Not sure if it would withstand the rigors of off road though.

From what I could see, the handlebar mount for these lights don't fit oversize bars. If this is an issue, just make sure before you buy. I could be wrong though.

commuted a couple of times to work, 3 lights at the back, white and red knogs, red ravx flashing as well. And front a BBB flashing as well. Strapped a visibility belt around my backpack. And to the person, calling people who cycles into oncoming traffic a tjop, I'm one fo them, because its much more quiet on my route. traffic comes, I jump on the pavement , or stop even for the 1 or 2 cars, and get going again.