What's up with all the newbies?

Hairy

They come on over to the Hub as if it is gumtree, post and item and that is that.

No "Hi my name is poephol and I is liking the hub very much" introductions .... nothing.

Then selling goods with a zero post count, in my mind does not make me want to run out and do business with this person/persons.

The above is me throwing something out there for your opinions.

Hairy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Christopher.

I like mountain biking very much. I also like long walks on the beach and digging holes and looking for dinosaurs.

Happy? :)

Only teasing... I see your point.

I have not sold anything yet, but I'll mention that I like the hub very much when I do sell something ;)

Hell Joe

You at least have 35 posts and many of these were from one of the most awesome topics on the hub being about single speeds.

H

my gripe is the adds , they post some half wit description of what they selling .

you then show interest , ask questions and they simply don't get back to you !

it ****s me off !

if you goanna place a add then do the responsible thing and give details and follow-up on it often.

I think adds need to be screen before being placed , or we need a system that asks all the relevant questions and if you fail to fill in a field it won't let you continue .

Ya, It's completely f**cked up, no one should be able to post anything until they have a post count exceeding 1,000 posts in total.

Or 100 in the "Tattooed, burlesque and beautiful women of the world." thread...

I'm still waiting for that Masters/PhD student from Kiwi-world who posted some research survey link on here to make a re-appearance.

Ya, It's completely f**cked up, no one should be able to post anything until they have a post count exceeding 1,000 posts in total.

Snap!!!

They come on over to the Hub as if it is gumtree, post and item and that is that.

Scammers.

my gripe is the adds , they post some half wit description of what they selling .

you then show interest , ask questions and they simply don't get back to you !

it ****s me off !

if you goanna place a add then do the responsible thing and give details and follow-up on it often.

I think adds need to be screen before being placed , or we need a system that asks all the relevant questions and if you fail to fill in a field it won't let you continue .

Clearly they haven't done enough arithmetic before being allowed to post.

You forgot the "Ladies and cycles" thread.

Scammers.

Was not wanting to say this at first, but yes, my gut feeling is the same

Yeah. Certain forums here (classifieds, tech, stuff like that) should be restricted until you have "x" amount of posts AND "x" amount of 'likes'

Yeah. Certain forums here (classifieds, tech, stuff like that) should be restricted until you have "x" amount of posts AND "x" amount of 'likes'

I disagree - you may have something real to sell at a good price. You win some, you lose some.