Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Are you missing the point ?

Maybe I am missing the point dude. My opinion is that if the local yocals wanna cheat to win small races, so be it. I train hard and race hard and do my best every im out. By them going faster it just drives me to train harder.

Should CSA test prize winners, probably yes.

Will I lose sleep over night if they dont, probably no.

And all them drugged up locals screaming for a clean sport, well, remember a guy called Elliot Spitzer?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude - you're wasting your time. The only human with stronger conviction than a Lancey fanboy is a Lancey h8r.

The part I love most is that Barry, Landis, Hincapie, Vaughter etc all took the money, glory, fame, results etc and thing BAZINGA! had a change of heart....AFTER they annoucned their retirements.

At least Lance has stood by his lies. The rest happily grabbed their ill gotton gains with both hands then popped a 180 and dissolved their guilty consciences when there was no more money or fame to be had. Equally if not MORE douchebaggery than el Lanceo.

Edit: Does anyone think Vaughters would be where he is now if he had never taken drugs? So he got to be a DS through fame brought on by taking drugs and is now a die hard drug crusader. That is the very essence of irony in my book.

+1 IMO there is only one thing worse than the forgive and forget attitude when it comes to dopers who get caught and then admit it, and thats when people treat them like new born hero's, ironic or hypocritical?

Secondly, I call BS. on your reason given and I call BS. on the reasons many others have given as to why they hate L.A. so much.

This is the way I see it.

Many kids here on this forum and many kids out there cycling all round the world started their cycling careers when Armstrong won his first tour and was punted as a cancer survivor who could overcome the impossible.

Suddenly cycling became a bit more popular and more of a tv. pastime for people who actually never watched the sport.

The Trek sales in those early years, make that record sales will confirm that it was around that time that cycling became a popular sport.

Many people went out and bought bikes and started changing their lifestyles.

Reason for this, Armstrong was an inspiration to them.

He suddenly became an idol to many.

Over the years he has been accused of doping and pulled the wool over many peoples eyes.

Now it's all come to light and the "I told you so's" are running around as if they are Mayans.

People went from loving him, to disliking him to hating him.

It's quite simple and a common human emotion, so the reason I think people hate him so much.

As much as they would like to admit it or not, they are pi$$ed because their "once my idol" hurt their feelings.

+0.5 Despite all the doping issues i always supported LA (not idolized) because i admired his determination and ability to make the events he participated in much more interesting than what they what they would have been. He sure made life on the hub more interesting. Like it or not he is a remarkable athlete and could teach a lot of us about determination and motivation required to be a high perfomance athlete.

NOTE: I'm not condoning doping, but refering to his other atributes (mental and physical) not related to doping.

As much as people will love or hate him this is where I see Livestrong at.

I have seen quite a few individuals over the years with a yellow band on the arm.

My first question to them, "are you a cyclist ?"

I get this funny look and then a "no", after I refer to the Livestrong band , they tell me they bought it for cancer awareness.

So love it or hate it, thanks to those yellow bands, people across the globe have become more aware of cancer and how the disease can affect lives.

+1

No doubt the troll brigade will throw in the usual anti Livestrong BS, but at the end of the day a lot of good has come from it and his efforts therein, and so what if he makes a small fortune out of it, we all profit from our labour and many profit from schemes they dreamed up doing stuff they can relate to while becoming richer / more successful

People who are trying to argue with Dangle's statement that illegal performance enhancing drugs are prevalent in amateur ranks, esp. sub vets & vets, have really surprised me by their naivety.

Even in my little town on the dolphin coast I can have whatever I need pretty much delivered to my door (that's if I wanted to).

It's not only in cycling, but in all endurance sports, including paddling.

A cycle of growth hormone is about 3 weeks and costs a few grand. Then if you want to stack with a cycle of testosterone, that's a few more grand. But of course, if you use test then you need to have the right PCT when you come off it, otherwise your balls will shrink to the size of marbles. So it costs a lot of money if you want to do this long-term. Which is why it's so prevalent in the slightly older age categories - you need to be able to afford it.

Again, some folks need to open their eyes about what is happening around them.

I would give EPO/PEDs a try, not to win races but to see how they effect your performance but at the cost it is not sustainable. I balk at the cost of Epic Pro

People who are trying to argue with Dangle's statement that illegal performance enhancing drugs are prevalent in amateur ranks, esp. sub vets & vets, have really surprised me by their naivety.

Dude no one is here is that naive surely. But all I'm saying is this; basic economics;

How much according to you does one need to spend to get doped up? +/- R3-5k per quarter / per 6 months?

vs Prize money for racing vets - R1000 - R3000 per race??

Doesn't seem very lucrative to me.(not to mention the yet to be quantified effects on the body and their medical bills)

Clearly the doping has affected their sense of basic economics, so I say if they wanna be stoopid and cheat, well done to em.

Edited by rattlesnake

And I am also sure that it is rife in mtb'ing scene, the chemical brothers come to mind.

Dude no one is here is that naive surely. But all I'm saying is this; basic economics;

How much according to you does one need to spend to get doped up? +/- R3-5k per quarter / per 6 months?

Doesn't seem very lucrative to me.(not to mention the yet to be quantified effects on the body and their medical bills)

Clearly the doping has affected their sense of basic economics, so I say if they wanna be stoopid and cheat, well done to em.

they don't do it to win prize money.

Maybe I am missing the point dude.

My opinion is that if the local yocals wanna cheat to win small races, so be it. I train hard and race hard and do my best every im out. By them going faster it just drives me to train harder.

Should CSA test prize winners, probably yes.

Will I lose sleep over night if they dont, probably no.

And all them drugged up locals screaming for a clean sport, well, remember a guy called Elliot Spitzer?

One word says it all:

Hypocrites

post-182-0-04531600-1349940912_thumb.png

I think what Dangle is saying is that you miss the motivation for this as it has no 'economic' value but merely at times just to beat their mates at a club race/training session?

I think what Dangle is saying is that you miss the motivation for this as it has no 'economic' value but merely at times just to beat their mates at a club race/training session?

yeah I guess, so. just thinks thats even sadder.

to go to that extreme to get one up on your non elite buddies just to stroke the ol' ego, while KNOWING that you aint all that without the juice. Sad isn't it. Pity them, don't get mad at them.

they don't do it to win prize money.

Here's a recent pic of LA, chose/insisted on 7 as his race number...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbpv59RMA71qjr9u8o1_1280.jpg

Brad I got that helmet. now you better watch out! By the way I am clean.

The way you run off the bike, i doubt that highly...

I have read the report overnight and have been following the coverage in the press, I am sure even the "haters" on the Hub could someday forgive him for being a doping, controlling bully:

BUT

In the clip illustrating the story on Sky News, he is seen racing a recent MTB race with a SADDLE BAG dangling under his seat !!!

Unforgivable on the hub, although maybe not as bad as wearing a Camelbac.. :w00t: :w00t: :whistling:

This was discussed previously, and same as LA influenced many to take up the sport of cycling, so to him having a saddle bag has influenced many to do the same.

We are after all sheep.

:whistling: did you notice that Rattlesnake picked up on my far more comprehensive explanation than your mere hinting ....... :ph34r: