Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No insult meant, you said you had difficulty finding my point. I clarified it for you. Whether you agree or not is up to you, no need to take the day off on my account.

I was referring to this in your post: If yes to above I suppose you really do believe that Lance made them do it - poor little victims.

If you think Lance is telling the truth and everyone else is lying that is a pretty hardcore way to avoid getting on a bandwagon but that's your prerogative. If you truly believe that because you have analysed the evidence you must know a lot more than the American investigators. And if you believe it simply because it is Lance and not, say Vinokourov or Contador, then you are adding weight to my point about being influenced.

You say you make up your own mind. The question is: on what are you basing your decisions?

Edited by TZmtb, Today, 12:07.

Its all good. If it wasn't clear the victims part was my attempt at sarcasm. To be even clearer I actually believe the opposite. It is very easy to play the victim card when the game is up and you are trying to save your own skin. Credit to Hincappi - at least he is the one guy not going down that road.

As for me believing Lance is telling the truth and all others lying, you really need to slow down and actually read what I said.

Edited by dracs

Its all good. If it wasn't clear the victims part was my attempt at sarcasm. To be even clearer I actually believe the opposite. It is very easy to play the victim card when the game is up and you are trying to save your own skin. Credit to Hincappi - at least he is the one guy not going down that road.

As for me believing Lance is telling the truth and all others lying, you really need to slow down and actually read what I said.

I just did. Sorry.

It's Friday.

Let's take the day off...

I think everyone is overreacting. Lance didnt dope. He never tested positive and why would he? Why would he risk his reputation by doping?

I think this is a witch hunt by someone who doesnt like Lance. Maybe Jan Ullrich sits behind it all as he will now become like 5 time winner or something of the tour?

I just did. Sorry.

It's Friday.

Let's take the day off...

:thumbup: So we both get to go home after all!

Lance is out, finnish, klaar. Unable to partake in any sanctioned sport, triathlon, cycling, running, swimming..whatever which knowing how much he loves his sport must be pretty hard on him. He is not trying to appeal or overturn it and accepted it.

Whether he confesses or not it's not going to change anything, so what more punishment can he get. Sponsors pull the plug on him, get sued for reimbursement of prize money, sponsorship money, Livestrong get shut down, his bike shop boycotted etc. Is there a point where punishment is enough.

Edited by scotty

Lance is out, finnish, klaar. Unable to partake in any sanctioned sport, triathlon, cycling, running, swimming..whatever which knowing how much he loves his sport must be pretty hard on him. He is not trying to appeal or overturn it and accepted it.

Whether he confesses or not it's not going to change anything, so what more punishment can he get. Sponsors pull the plug on him, get sued for reimbursement of prize money, sponsorship money, Livestrong get shut down, his bike shop boycotted etc. Is there a point where punishment is enough.

i see sca are investigating claiming the bonuses back...

Maybe if they get his last remaining ball?

Another point to ponder:

Lance retired, but the rest of the staff, Bruneel and the doctors, stayed the same. Are we to believe that methods of traing and other things were different, when Contador, Cancellara, Voigt and the Schlecks raced for them?

It is very easy to play the victim card when the game is up and you are trying to save your own skin. Credit to Hincappi - at least he is the one guy not going down that road.

'tis not a bad life this doping malarky:

.What is George Hincapie’s net worth? George Hincapie’s net worth is $40 million dollars. Born in Queens, New York, George Hincapie is a road bike racer, currently racing for BMC Racing Team. He has won multiple races over the course of his nearly 20-year career, including Gent-Wevelgem, GP Ouest-France, Three Days of De Panne, Tour of Missouri, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, and he is a three-time National Road Race Champion. He is most widely recognized in the racing world as the key domestique of Lance Armstrong, and is the only racer to have assisted Mr. Armstrong on every one of his Tour de France victories. He has raced on nine Tour de France winning teams, and is one of only two riders to have achieved that number of wins, ever. He is also well known for his excellence in short individual time trial races, and has placed first, second, or third, in all but one of the competitions in which he has competed. He recently began a record 17th Tour de France.

I think everyone is overreacting. Lance didnt dope. He never tested positive and why would he? Why would he risk his reputation by doping?

I think this is a witch hunt by someone who doesnt like Lance. Maybe Jan Ullrich sits behind it all as he will now become like 5 time winner or something of the tour?

Are you american?

i see sca are investigating claiming the bonuses back...

I don't think that they will be too polite about it, seeing as they didn't want to pay in the first place because doping was suspected...

Another point to ponder:

Lance retired, but the rest of the staff, Bruneel and the doctors, stayed the same. Are we to believe that methods of traing and other things were different, when Contador, Cancellara, Voigt and the Schlecks raced for them?

Out of this entire fiasco the one name that gets by blood pumping the most, is Bruyneel.

Out of this entire fiasco the one name that gets by blood pumping the most, is Bruyneel.

+1