Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it maybe, but just maybe not a possibility that SKY have employed some new training and nutrition methods ?

Definately............

It was quite obvious when the "sprinter" Boassenhagen (spelling) was working at the front in the Alpes and half of the favouries (climbers) fell off that something wasnt right..................

And Froome-Dog unfortunately Deja-vu'ed Floyd Landis of a few years back................

And Froome-Dog unfortunately Deja-vu'ed Floyd Landis of a few years back................

Not with you here ?

If you are referring to the "I am performing like a king overnight, thanks to whiskey" scenario then I suggest you watch tour re-runs.

Maybe we will see some degree of change following the current meltdown.

To be honest, after seeing the responses from Contador and Sanchez I'am convinced they will continue as previous. No positive - no dope

Not with you here ?

If you are referring to the "I am performing like a king overnight, thanks to whiskey" scenario then I suggest you watch tour re-runs.

No I am referring to that that tour when Landis was basically stronger than Armstrong but he was the domestique and not the leader.....

To be honest, after seeing the responses from Contador and Sanchez I'am convinced they will continue as previous. No positive - no dope

Do they know any other way?

Sad to say but when everyone stops doping then there will be even more incentive to dope as you will win the TDF!!! As it stands now at least the playing field is pretty much level if your team can afford a good docter...........

Do they know any other way?

Sad to say but when everyone stops doping then there will be even more incentive to dope as you will win the TDF!!! As it stands now at least the playing field is pretty much level if your team can afford a good docter...........

Probably not, that bridge is a one way 10 lane highway

I guess so................

But then again Lance struggled to compete with the top guys while he was doping so what does that tell us?

Well i think that is what made him a awesome athlete. He competed against the top guys from a different sporting code. Struggle? I was challenging for top spot at 41 years old ... he doesnt have years (currently when compared to pro triathletes) of trithlon training and competing behind him

what a joke. Just for those stupid responses they should be banned from cycling ever again

Well i think that is what made him a awesome athlete. He competed against the top guys from a different sporting code. Struggle? I was challenging for top spot at 41 years old ... he doesnt have years (currently when compared to pro triathletes) of trithlon training and competing behind him

You are correct.

what a joke. Just for those stupid responses they should be banned from cycling ever again

The only way to actually catch someone doping is to get a positive test. How else? You say that if there are allegations against athletes they should be banned straight away?

Interesting to read Fignon's book in which he raises concerns about the validity of at least one of LeMond's wins, claiming he was using "illegal" equipment.

Wasn't he refering to the TT handlebars that GL used in '89 though? Resulted in LF losing by 8 seconds . . . .

Was a cracking race, but very frustrating. GL basically did naff all for 21 days except sit on other peoples wheels, then won the TT on the last day. The organisers vowed never to have a TT final stage ever again.

The only way to actually catch someone doping is to get a positive test. How else? You say that if there are allegations against athletes they should be banned straight away?

You mean the same tests that they used which couldn't catch maybe 10% of those who doped? Testing should be one of the factors, they've added biological passports, but more needs to be done. Not sure what, though.

Next is when we find out what Sky have been putting in their black motorbikes. Could be a while though. No cancer shield but the cashflow is strong with this one.

Hmmm....

blink.png

You mean the same tests that they used which couldn't catch maybe 10% of those who doped? Testing should be one of the factors, they've added biological passports, but more needs to be done. Not sure what, though.

Get Mike Ashenden to run the bio passport independently of the UCI and give him LA's reclaimed winnings since 1995 as an annual budget.

Then we will see riders **** big brown grapefruits in their bicycle pant

Also sack Phil the Shill Liggett and get Greg Lemond in to replace him. Greg and Phil both have chronic foot-in-mouth disease, but at least Greg doesn't floss his gnashers with LA's pubes.