Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

How blind are you in the face of understanding the word subjective in the "comfortable satisfaction " quote... when the people who will be deciding have it in for him

goya-goya - firstly, there are a wealth of other punctuation marks aside from the ellipsis - they are all feeling rather left out in your posts and my mind wanders off every time I see one. :unsure:

Secondly, "comfortable satisfaction" can be replaced with "balance of probabilities". The standard is met if the proposition is more likely to be true than not true. No room for subjectivity.

Thirdly, the arbitration panel is made up of either one or three independent experts who hear evidence from both sides and make a decision based on the standard above.

Lastly, I realise that you are probably just trolling :thumbup:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of unethical and immoral conduct, and the pursuit of witchiz and wizzzzzzardz?

Witchiz is easy to prove. They's made of wood.

Dopers are killing the sport! Not the rules, the dopers. That, and corrupt UCI officials.

Why don't LA just serve his 2 year ban and take up tri again after that?

What is the likelihood that a top athlete would admit to doping without indisputable evidence against him?

LOL history shows us that even when faced with indisputable evidence athletes still deny it.

Admitting to it to “clear” your name and being allowed to continue after serving an often insignificant or puny punishment (2 years) is almost as big a sin as doping in the first place and indicates more of a "fyouall" attitude which should not be encouraged imo.

I have to confess. I have been a huge fan of LA and for what he has accomplished in his sporting and personal life. I have secretly hoped (and ignored all the accusations) that he has not been doping and that he was indeed a superhuman sportsman. But I don't know anymore...

Why not just come out and defend himself and prove his innocence. And it is a crap excuse that he will not be judged fairly. That is why he pays his lawyers millions of dollars.

It will be a very sad day if he is found guilty. Like him or not, he has made a huge contribution to cycling and I thought we would do the same for triathlon.

One thing that I always come back to is that there was a lot of doping during the LA era, and on that basis even if he did dope, the playing field was still level for most, and he was still more impressive than others at that stage.

One thing that I always come back to is that there was a lot of doping during the LA era, and on that basis even if he did dope, the playing field was still level for most, and he was still more impressive than others at that stage.

There's no doubt that he's a phenomenal athlete. He was from a young age.

I'm glad that, thus far, the current 2012 TdF has been relatively unscathed from this unfinished business.

Really enjoying the new era that is dawning on the sport.

Touch wood... :-)

Edited by ' Dale

Love this bit:

The judge added that he viewed much of the verbiage in the filing as intended "solely to increase media coverage of this case, and to incite public opinion against Defendants. … The Court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong's desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement, or vilification of Defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims."

http://espn.go.com/e...r-hangs-balance

That is actually seriously strong language from a court.

That is actually seriously strong language from a court.

I wonder if he was hoping for sympathy from a hometown judge?

or maybe of somebody was is dead tired of being targeted year after year, over and over again...

It go's somewhat deeper than just that Akon. Lance was awarded the title of "the greatest cyclist in the world" he was lauded over and sought for talks and seminars, he charged heftily for these appearances and accepted the glory and the accolades with open arms.

Now there is doubt, people who invested money, energy, time and most importantly "accolades" on Lance want answers.

The fact that he knowingly and willingly accepted the titles bestowed on him, the financial rewards, the glory and the fame is the very reason USADA is pressing ahead and the very reason they will continue to do so until they get a clear answer Yes or No.

No one wants this to be true, Lance did a lot of wonderful things and sure we need to remember that, but saying we should just leave him alone is tantamount to saying lets just forget chasing all the bank robbers out there, lets just stop looking for the fraudsters, the con men, we cant catch them all so lets just give up, I am sure they will rejoice, but is that what the world wants.?

I dont think so.

I wonder if he was hoping for sympathy from a hometown judge?

Maybe, and I am sure he will file again. Its the nature of the man.

However I cant see it succeeding ever, USADA is just doing its job, nothing more, nothing less, they have investigated millions of athletes and will investigate millions more in the future, why LA feels he should be any different is beyond me.?

Maybe, and I am sure he will file again. Its the nature of the man.

However I cant see it succeeding ever, USADA is just doing its job, nothing more, nothing less, they have investigated millions of athletes and will investigate millions more in the future, why LA feels he should be any different is beyond me.?

I also don't think it can succeed. He could, however, take any USADA action - whether or not he agrees to appear in front of an arbitration panel - to a court after the fact.

It go's somewhat deeper than just that Akon. Lance was awarded the title of "the greatest cyclist in the world" he was lauded over and sought for talks and seminars, he charged heftily for these appearances and accepted the glory and the accolades with open arms.

Now there is doubt, people who invested money, energy, time and most importantly "accolades" on Lance want answers.

The fact that he knowingly and willingly accepted the titles bestowed on him, the financial rewards, the glory and the fame is the very reason USADA is pressing ahead and the very reason they will continue to do so until they get a clear answer Yes or No.

No one wants this to be true, Lance did a lot of wonderful things and sure we need to remember that, but saying we should just leave him alone is tantamount to saying lets just forget chasing all the bank robbers out there, lets just stop looking for the fraudsters, the con men, we cant catch them all so lets just give up, I am sure they will rejoice, but is that what the world wants.?

I dont think so.

The same people that showered him with praise and coverage also did so out of self intrest - whether it be a talk show or print interview. Their ratings/sales also went up because of his popularity ect.

These efforts should rather have been spent cleaning up the sport as it is currently, putting in stuff for thr future ect.

and much like your example above certain limits could also still apply whereby you cant convict someone of a crime that happened 15yrs ago.

Let by gones be by gones - even if they won their case he would appeal and im afraid the truth will never see the light of day either way and all this happens at the sports reputational expense. He raised the profile of cycling world wide and should also get some credit here.

Ferrari and del Moral have gone down - lifetime bans from USADA - and by extension WADA.

http://www.usatoday....rari/56130256/1

"The respondents chose not to waste resources by moving forward with the arbitration process, which would only reveal what they already know to be the truth of their doping activity," Tygart said.

Ferrari, who lives in Italy, was a consulting doctor for Armstrong and the U.S. Postal Service and

Discovery Channel

teams from 1999-2006, according to USADA. USADA said Ferrari developed a special mixture of testosterone and olive oil to be placed under the tongue to help riders recover from races and training. He also helped advised riders how to use EPO and avoid detection.

Some high profile tennis players with clouds over them now:

In denouncing the USADA accusations as false, García del Moral expressed particular concern about their effect on his reputation and that of his athlete clients. Among other sports stars, he said in an interview that he had worked with Sara Errani, an Italian tennis player who on June 8 won the women's doubles title at the French Open and a day later played in the women's single final only to lose to Maria Sharapova.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I'm glad that, thus far, the current 2012 TdF has been relatively unscathed from this unfinished business.

Really enjoying the new era that is dawning on the sport.

Touch wood... :-)

Well that statement just went out the window!!!