Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or he subscribes to the world ending on the 21st of December this year. Seems fanatical enough.

My money is on you getting a PM for a ride challenge on the 22nd.

Hang in there, the end is near ...

WHEN?

Specifics please? We know its not your strongest point but try at least.

Eish, I'm so glad I did not sign up for an epic entrapment because by just not giving a darn about what a coach tells me I've increase my FTP by a epic 6.498,194,945,848,375,451,263,537,906,137%

If I signed up for a plan to battle, I would still have battled the hills with a weak FTP of 536.832,432,874,127,183,953,392,112,911 watts

Do you realise how much gibberish you speak ?

This brings me back to an issue raised here.

In order to be a rugby coach, should you have been a good player at one stage ?

In your case, I suggest you do any event longer than these fun rides you have been doing as you clearly have never experienced an Epic day in the saddle.

Till you have been through this, your sales pitches look like empty promises and gibberish.

Not to take any sides here or anything, but I would say you don't have to have been at the top of your game in your chosen sport to become a great manager/ coach.

So has the challenge been accepted?

Not to take any sides here or anything, but I would say you don't have to have been at the top of your game in your chosen sport to become a great manager/ coach.

So has the challenge been accepted?

Is this what you read in to it.

I thought I said good, not brilliant.

O bliksem maar julle F#k rond - Go ride and get it done with asap so we can close the thread and move on with our lives!

Is this what you read in to it.

I thought I said good, not brilliant.

Can you not be good and still be at the top of your game?

The young man that hangs loose, going by the handle Dangle, will attempt to beat me to the finish line on the 80km marathon at the 2013 XCM Champs. Although he boasted he'll do it with one leg, he may use both. As he was the challenger, I was informed that I may choose the event, and the reason I decided on the 80km is to accommodate him - I would have picked a XCO race (that's my preference) but it seems that he is a long distance rider and it seemed unfair, although he probably is about 20 years my junior in age.

The a coaching principle I would like to prove is that if you have "quality" in your legs, adding volume is easier than visa versa.

Dangle actually offered to ride the attakwas, which btw is a real mtb race and distance with all the elements thrown at you (seeing you going on about the epic), on a ss rigid steel mtb. Isn't that a disadvantage in itself, no?

Edit: I will even go so far as to make you a R1k bet that you will not finish the atta ultra in under 7 hrs on your dual suspension carbon geared bike (26",27.5,29" which ever you prefer), which is quit an avg time to complete an epic day at the epic. Also, Dangle is in his 40s, so not too much to worry about, you will have a huge advantage against Dangle and let the legs do the talking at atta in Jan 2013 en hou op stront praat OOM!

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Dangle actually offered to ride the attakwas, which btw is a real mtb race and distance with all the elements thrown at you (seeing you going on about the epic), on a ss rigid steel mtb. Isn't that a disadvantage in itself, no?

This is also why I think Dangle can choose the course, yes the challenger can choose the event blah blah blah, but in this case the one person is on a single speed, rigid nogals, so I think its only fair that he can dictate where this will happen.

Can you not be good and still be at the top of your game?

Perhaps we went to different schools.

I was taught, good, better, best.

Entrapment here might be good, some are better and then you get the BEST, they are at the top of their game.

Dangle actually offered to ride the attakwas on a ss rigid steel mtb. Isn't that a disadvantage in itself, no?

Nonsense !

Everybody goes on how tough that must be, but the reality is that he will not have to drag the weight of two derrailleurs or a suspension fork around with him. Nor will he have to make literally hundred of shifting decisions, saving himself a lot of mental anguish.

Also, you forget the magic carpet ride you get from a steel frame and as such he will glide over the technical sections that those on Carbon have to ride across.

Lastly, a single speed rigid steel bike is much cheaper than a fully specc'ed carbon DS which means you don't have to work as long to earn the cash to buy one so you have more time to train.

I no longer feel sorry for Dangle. He is taking the soft option.

:whistling: