FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

I REALLY wish I hadn't commented on this thread. Guilty by association as they say.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY wish I hadn't commented on this thread. Guilty by association as they say.

Ignore it Grebel. Some people love to fight.

I eat future life when going out on long rides. I find the product offerings a little confusing and no one seems to stock the full range with any consistency. I go for the one marked high protein. Not fond of the crunch. My only dislike is it is a little sweet for my taste.

In that case we should just continue to pollute the planet with gas guzzling cars, fossil fuels, why not dump all our rubbish into the sea and rivers.

It's fine now, but what in fifty years?

Did my post lead to this conclusion for you?

NEWS FLASH:

FUTURE LIFE and all other “bad” food are responsible for pollution, the gas guzzling cars, fossil fuels and the dumping of rubbish into the sea and rivers.

Really?? I don't think so....

This thread seems to have generated as much extremist response as a religious or political one.

I like Future Life, and I also eat food with MSG and Tartrazine sometimes.

Come to think of it, I don't read the labels so I am not sure what I eat. I guess that makes me some kind of heathen or something.

You and Bob Mugabe subscribe to the same newsletters?

It's these damn westerners. Coming here with this cereal nonsense to try kill our people...

and what might that be?

Why so aggro? GM is everywhere. Not just in future life.

Our whole food system is messed up. No use in knocking off one product.

Hopefully this will clarify some confusion on GMO's....

The short story....there's nothing wrong with GMO's...

"GMO", just like many other examples (e.g. non-pasture dairy production), has just got a bad case of a media-given stigma. Let's face it, most things we use/consume are GMO's, including food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals etc. Yes, brewing yeasts are included here too.

Even the "greenies" will find themselves in a difficult position as, although the products are genetically modified, the genetic modifications enable a higher and more efficient production (by e.g. plant resistance to diseases)...meaning less expensive products and less pollution.

The typical nostalgic picture people have of farming is a backward mentality, and going that way won't be able to sustain the global population.

Those who are GMO opposed...get educated!

And built a career around the Carbo loading bollox... :whistling:

To be fair so did many others. Although strictly speaking his career is more as an acedemic. I prefer to think of him as brave to admit that he got it wrong. What about the ones still perpetuating this myth?

Ignore it Grebel. Some people love to fight.

I eat future life when going out on long rides. I find the product offerings a little confusing and no one seems to stock the full range with any consistency. I go for the one marked high protein. Not fond of the crunch. My only dislike is it is a little sweet for my taste.

Chocolate, Strawberry and Crunch (In that order) It is very sweet (No sugar added) I mix lots of milk like a thick milkshake and let it stand for a minute or two. That way the sugar settles and it isn't too sweet.

A couple of companies are trying to get government contracts to supply hospitals with their product. Let's not forget how future life started.

Not surprised to see a smear campaign. They all want in now ...

Truth be told if you had to steer clear clear of GMO then you would either have to graze, or grow all your own stuff. The yield would be low because you would have nothing to fight off the elements and pests and all the other things that GMO have been modified to resist.

Why do you think that "organic" (talking truly organic without the pesticides etc) stuff is so expensive? Probably bacause it cost so much to produce and the yeild is so low. Not too many organic farmers supplying the masses out there...... They target the elite.

A couple of companies are trying to get government contracts to supply hospitals with their product. Let's not forget how future life started.

Not surprised to see a smear campaign. They all want in now ...

I think Pro Nutro started the same way.

Dont feel bad , all i said is it tastes horrid and likened it to cement , seems we opened a whole can of worms again .

To be fair so did many others. Although strictly speaking his career is more as an acedemic. I prefer to think of him as brave to admit that he got it wrong. What about the ones still perpetuating this myth?

I was just taking the piss/stirring... he definately got it wrong, but like you say, at least he is willing to admit it :thumbup:

He's obviously way more knowledgeable and informed than even the most ardent hub keyboard ninja :whistling: