Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Dammam, made a big boo boo...

left the newest Tread Mag #38 at home, told the wife to read it.

if course she found the article re the new Stage, of course she saw the price. I just got a whatsapp message here in Sand land, asking me... Am I buying/building a Pyga Stage... followed by a comment re the price.

Had to downplay it, said I'm not build a top end like the bike shown... cough cough, "some of my bits are even more" pricey....

eish, got caught....

Now what to do to deflect the attention.

G

Buy her a new kitchen, it worked for me!

Tom

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newest addition to my stable. Note the 'Herb' garden on display. Came across this carefully hidden away in the mountains in the Central Berg. The new Stage is awesome, very at home in the mountains as it is on the long district roads.

post-20653-0-23819700-1452504958_thumb.jpg

Edited by ians

Dammam, made a big boo boo...

left the newest Tread Mag #38 at home, told the wife to read it.

if course she found the article re the new Stage, of course she saw the price. I just got a whatsapp message here in Sand land, asking me... Am I buying/building a Pyga Stage... followed by a comment re the price.

Had to downplay it, said I'm not build a top end like the bike shown... cough cough, "some of my bits are even more" pricey....

eish, got caught....

Now what to do to deflect the attention.

G

She already has a better bike so you can't do anything there  :ph34r:

Finishing touches made. I just need to clean up the cable routing around the bars.

The ride on this machine is just something else!

905132de5769e9a0f715be0afde960c7.jpg

a0a6c8bf4283f8fa92804925ab82975b.jpg

23e7fad2d072f60e43f88d429cd6a035.jpg

demmit dom....super nice man

I am green

Finishing touches made. I just need to clean up the cable routing around the bars.

Very nice!

Looks like the dropper hose might need some more slack. 

Ben, I upgraded her brakes to SRAM Guide Rsc's for Xmas...

G

She already has a better bike so you can't do anything there :ph34r:

Very nice!

Looks like the dropper hose might need some more slack.

Yes. It looks like Pyga ordered the hose length pre cut to size. Because this is an XL frame, and I'm a tall bugger, I've used all the hose. When I service the seatpost, I'll put a new longer hose on. I'm going to cable tie the dropper hose onto the brake cable to help a bit in the meantime. There is just enough slack.

You seem to be a great candidate for a custom frame as this frame still looks small for you. Given the cost of these frames is a custom something you considered or explored?

Yes. It looks like Pyga ordered the hose length pre cut to size. Because this is an XL frame, and I'm a tall bugger, I've used all the hose. When I service the seatpost, I'll put a new longer hose on. I'm going to cable tie the dropper hose onto the brake cable to help a bit in the meantime. There is just enough slack.

As long as you don't OTB and have the handlebars twist, it should be fine.

I still can't get over how that huge frame and setup make those 29" wheels look like 26ers. It's crazy.

You seem to be a great candidate for a custom frame as this frame still looks small for you. Given the cost of these frames is a custom something you considered or explored?

I did think about it, but we seem to have made it fit. To be honest, an XL bike is hard enough to throw around. Anything bigger would start to be less fun (assumption). The reach on the. Pyga is very long. It took me a long time to learn to get the whole bike around tight corners without catching the back wheel.

I feel very comfortable on this bike. I've done some long rides (5 hours), and had zero discomfort. So overall, I'm happy.

The other problem with custom is when things go wrong (broken or stolen frame) then it's a mission to replace....

Just exactly how long is that seatpost? :)

Just exactly how long is that seatpost? :)

[emoji12] It's a 420mm. Still has some space in the seat tube to go higher if necessary!

Mid BB to saddle rail is 83.5cm.

[emoji12] It's a 420mm. Still has some space in the seat tube to go higher if necessary!

Mid BB to saddle rail is 83.5cm.

So my shoe would land up about 5cm above the BB..... give or take a bit.... :oops: :oops:

Patrick definately has a sizing problem for me - he doesn't make a frame small enough... medium is just a hair too big... make that a very large clump... He says he might - eventually....