Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a oneten for 4 years and loved it. Upgraded to a stagemax in Sept. 

I cannot explain how awesome this bike is. Climbs like a champs and super, super fast and confident on the downs. Has changed my riding completely. What a bike.

Quite keen on the Pyga OneTen29.  I currently ride my hardtail with Reba RL 100mm fork which will be transferred to the new frame if I go ahead.

Do you guys think 100mm travel will be enough, not the a very aggressive rider

Quite keen on the Pyga OneTen29.  I currently ride my hardtail with Reba RL 100mm fork which will be transferred to the new frame if I go ahead.

I would think 100mm would be too little unfortunately. It would mess with the bike's geometry. 120mm-140mm is where you want to be :thumbup:

I would think 100mm would be too little unfortunately. It would mess with the bike's geometry. 120mm-140mm is where you want to be :thumbup:

Might be able to extend the fork a bit by removing the spacer

Do yourself a favour and only ride 120mm up front and then as you progress and become more trail oriented go 130mm

I've been riding 120mm (Revelation RCT3) for 3 yrs now on my OneTwenty, So far never bottomed out.

Given I'm not one of the Hakana gang.

G

Do yourself a favour and only ride 120mm up front and then as you progress and become more trail oriented go 130mm

I have a OneTen 29 with 100mm fork. Works for me for the moment. If you're not that aggressive it will probably be OK for you. On some of the very steep stuff (Top of Contermans Black route for example) you do have to get your weight right back, but everything still rideable.

Also debated this issue on this thread, and the feedback was that the 100 would be OK. Not ideal, but OK.

I was looking to save some cash on my build, so wanted to transfer existing fork, but if cash is not a problem I'd suggest a 120mm minimum.One advantage of 100mm fork is that they're normally quite a bit lighter than longer travel forks, especially longer than 120mm.

Long and short, 100mm will work, but I suspect that the bike will really come alive with 120mm - 140mm. 

I have a OneTen 29 with 100mm fork. Works for me for the moment. If you're not that aggressive it will probably be OK for you. On some of the very steep stuff (Top of Contermans Black route for example) you do have to get your weight right back, but everything still rideable.

Also debated this issue on this thread, and the feedback was that the 100 would be OK. Not ideal, but OK.

I was looking to save some cash on my build, so wanted to transfer existing fork, but if cash is not a problem I'd suggest a 120mm minimum.One advantage of 100mm fork is that they're normally quite a bit lighter than longer travel forks, especially longer than 120mm.

Long and short, 100mm will work, but I suspect that the bike will really come alive with 120mm - 140mm. 

I can send my Reba RL 100mm solo air in to get the air spring changed to make it 120mm. Seems to cost about R1 500.  Do you guys think this will do?  Not keen on buying a new shock, think the Reba RL is a pretty decent fork

Edited by Zorro5614

I can send my Reba RL 100mm solo air in to get the air spring changed to make it 120mm. Seems to cost about R1 500.  Do you guys think this will do?  Not keen on buying a new shock, think the Reba RL is a pretty decent fork

YES

Good option.

I unfortunately couldn't do that with my Fox fork.