Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Placed a more detailed post under Tech Q&A of my project. I designed and had a cover plate 3D printed for my Pyga OneTen to cover the frame mounting position where the FD used to be. Stoked with the outcome!

well done :)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done :)

Thanks Flow :thumbup: ! Had to teach myself some 3D modelling, was a fun mini project

Thanks Flow :thumbup: ! Had to teach myself some 3D modelling, was a fun mini project

I've looked at getting one of those covers and to be honest the FD mount does not bother me at all. I would however love to see a pic of that green 110 of yours...I really like that colour! Was that a custom job?

I've looked at getting one of those covers and to be honest the FD mount does not bother me at all. I would however love to see a pic of that green 110 of yours...I really like that colour! Was that a custom job?

Yeah I would agree in that the bare FD mount wasn't a bother, but I saw an opportunity for a bit of tinkering which appealed to me! Makes little difference really but was fun to get the design right (well to me at least) ;).

The colour of my 110 is the standard 2015 paint job. The colour in the pics is likely an artefact of the HDR feature of my phone camera, makes it look more like a matte green! Attached a pic of my bike in its natural surrounds, think the standard colour is more apparent in it.

post-62450-0-53878100-1435690883_thumb.jpg

Aaahhhh ok makes sense now, must say I really like the HDR green!

Ya you never need an excuse to tinker....many a happy hour spent in the garage randomly swapping out bike parts or fixing things that were never broken in the first place.

Looks awesome. The bike and the scenery...

Are there decent enduro type trails in Malaysia?

I live in Miri, Sarawak which is in Borneo. I just started Mtb 2 years ago and just been riding in my Miri. Miri trail is more like XC and enduro type. It's not a specifically build trail for MTB.

Can anyone assist with the correct determining of chain length for the Pyga 110. I am running 38/24 and 11/36.

Does the standard method work where you take the chain over the 2 big sprockets while bypassing the rear derailleur, pull tight, add 2 links plus master link, work?

Or does the BB to rear axle length increase during suspension travel, which warrants a "longer" chain? 

Can anyone assist with the correct determining of chain length for the Pyga 110. I am running 38/24 and 11/36.

Does the standard method work where you take the chain over the 2 big sprockets while bypassing the rear derailleur, pull tight, add 2 links plus master link, work?

Or does the BB to rear axle length increase during suspension travel, which warrants a "longer" chain?

I used the above method but including the master link as one of the 'two' with no hassles. Edited by Ryanpmb

Maybe this help someone in the future. I have removed the air from the rear shock. The BB to Rear Axle length increase as the travel goes down and continues in a linear format. When the max travel is reached, it is exactly 3 pins on a chain longer.

For a Hardtail the standard is. Route the chain over the two biggest sprockets while bypassing all derailleurs. Pull tight.

If you use a master link, break at the red point. If not and you join the chain, break between red and blue.

post-10303-0-21788600-1436095032_thumb.jpg

Chain length should be the shortest needed for maximum travel.

At no load, the chain length is the shortest for the Oneten29.

If you use a master link, break at the blue point as it is plus 2 pins and plus 3 pins for max travel, shortening to the nearest small link.

If you join the chain without a master link, break at the yellow point.

NB. The other end must be a small link as in the picture as a starting point.

Edited by Aggies

Some detail on how I did the cable routing. Thanks to Robodog for advise.

Front Derailleur Cable mounted on left side to prevent rubbing from rear triangle during suspension travel.

post-10303-0-39470900-1436284418_thumb.jpg

Rear Brake Hose.

post-10303-0-38302300-1436284428_thumb.jpg

Rear Derailleur Cable.

post-10303-0-73019700-1436284447_thumb.jpg

Rear Cable and Hose running below downtube.

post-10303-0-91211500-1436284455_thumb.jpg