Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, thus far it's going okay. Dependent on weight and strength etc. I guess. But I love the simplicity of the system, able to react to drastic changes in terrain or gradient very quickly for one. I'm actually considering swapping the 42t for a 40t as I reckon I'm losing too much speed when in the granny gear.

Nice build! You running1x10 I see, thinking of doing the same on my 11029er, how do you find it on longer marathon events and climbs. So much debate I'd rather chat to a guy who had it on the same bike

Not all of us are created equal. 1x10 is awesome, but you need to figure out what front ring works for you. The wrong one can really put you off the whole thing. I have 32T front rings on both my Pygas with 42T rings added to the back. For long stage races I go back to a normal 2x10 setup.

Not all of us are created equal. 1x10 is awesome, but you need to figure out what front ring works for you. The wrong one can really put you off the whole thing. I have 32T front rings on both my Pygas with 42T rings added to the back. For long stage races I go back to a normal 2x10 setup.

Thanks, that's what I am thinking, running 1x10 for cc and General club rides and then 2x10 for marathon. Got some inexpensive n/r and expander rings off superstar components to try

Updated my Pascoe with Shimano XTR M9000 Shifter and XT M8000 11-42 Cassette, Chain and Derailleur!

Works way mor confortable than my previous 11-36 setup ;)

That's a medium cage correct?

Maybe someone can educate me as to when one would use a long cage for a 1x setup over a medium cage? Planning on buying a medium cage but want to ensure I'm not missing something.

Edited by JohannDW

Wow, those shifters and brake levers are damn near vertical!

Do you go over the handlebars a lot? ;-)

lol, no I don't. I made some adjustments - this was straight from the bike shop. Generally run them like that though.

Maybe someone can educate me as to when one would use a long cage for a 1x setup over a medium cage? Planning on buying a medium cage but want to ensure I'm not missing something.

Only when the gap between the top and bottom exceeds 39 teeth (for shimano) Not sure of SRAM. So, never. Unless they come out with a 49t

Very nice cadence blur. I'm intrigued by your spare tube setup under your saddle, care to share? I'm trying to get away from the whole saddle bag thing

Hate saddle bags!

Tube is wrapped up pretty tight (it's one of those thin tubes). Then pushed in between the saddle rails. Secured with a piece of double sided tape attached to "tube parcel" and to one of those Velcro straps. This is then wrapped around rails

Hope this makes sense.

Do the same with the road bike, but tube is smaller so fits in a lot better.

Only when the gap between the top and bottom exceeds 39 teeth (for shimano) Not sure of SRAM. So, never. Unless they come out with a 49t

LOL, Yeah that's what I thought as well. Hmmm, 49t would be nice though ;-)

Yep! That's correct. Shimano recommends the medium cage for 1x setup and the long cage for the 2x or 3x setup, as much as I know. :)

LOL, Yeah that's what I thought as well. Hmmm, 49t would be nice though ;-)

You can buy a One-up 45t. It would go nicely with the 11-40 cassette