Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

"Unfortunately you have to warn ppl properly so we know who to avoid... I could make a few educated guesses, but would be interested to know the truth. As someone who buys and sells a lot, I'd rather know the people I'm buying from are legit and it unfortunately takes a post like this to expose those less legitimate... You're not accusing anyone of anything by saying you've heard it happened"

Uhmm - YOU are actually one of his customers!!

So how is that guessing game going for you now???

That would be very unfortunate, but I can't deny it is possible...

I even bought a crankset from Neil at one point... That crank coincidentally was also on my bike which was found at his house just a couple of hours after being stolen from me.

I'm not perfect, but I generally try to judge the characters I'm buying from and will always at least search on Google and the hub if I have concerns that something might be stolen.

Edited by Edge_Design

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no rule to say you "HAVE TO", you are free to trade with whoever you want.

Sorry Scotty, that was a Rhetorical question! The OP just leaves too much guessing ,and possibly panic.

Just my 5c. Time to shut up and work.

Naas is not a bad guy here and calling him a box is uncalled for.

I will say this, by creating this thread, Naas has managed to wake up a pit of demons.

I would suggest that Naas waited till the hubber was actually proven as guilty.

I honestly feel the members have the right to know who it was.

All the names on here are pseudonyms in any case.

It's like telling your best mate you saw someone shagging his wife but you can't say.

Naas, can we buy from Bob? Shifty feller, that. Got his hand caught in the cookie jar, ended up taking half his finger off.

Sorry Scotty, that was a Rhetorical question! The OP just leaves too much guessing ,and possibly panic.

That's exactly what it's done, I reckon it's rather unfair towards the members here.

So based on the OP we must all boycott buying anything from the cape on thehub?

Ask Naas if the guy is legit, if Naas says no then its NO

The message I got from Naas was to use my discretion when purchasing @ Classifieds.

Due to the sensitivity of the issue, he cannot disclose the ID of the Hub member.

Keep your eyes peeled, dudes & dudettes.

All to be revealed in good time.

It's cool. I would also be keen to know who it is. Is it a regular contributor i'.e. someone who posts other than classifieds, old member (In which case it could have been going on a while) ? and how does his classifieds rating look

Forgot to add that if I bought anything from Cape Town and after reading this thread, I would be in a state of panic thinking I could possibly be sitting on stolen goods and later on possibly be implicated in the case,

How do you prove to the cops you were just some innocent little buyer when they decide you are part of a little syndicate.

Well it would be rather simple, if I knew who the person was, I would drive do the SAPS straight away and give them an affidavit.

That shows honesty and good faith.

Edited by Dangle

It's cool. I would also be keen to know who it is. Is it a regular contributor i'.e. someone who posts other than classifieds, old member (In which case it could have been going on a while) ? and how does his classifieds rating look

Probably positive....and that is the bugger. It could now be anyone from cape town. His scam was in receiving stolen goods...he probably looks peachy ito moving it.

I'm in the process of buying something from a Cape Town hubber :/ Now I'm not sure if I should... :thumbdown: Name and shame so we know who we CAN buy from safely

Prob operates under various Hub names.This is the tip of the iceberg.The stolen goods market is huge in Cape Town.Don't know about Jozi but I would presume so as well.Theft from workshops,stock etc is also huge.

Have always said the Hub classifieds is being used to move stolen goods

I would say that there are many Hubbers out there now with stolen goods in their possession which they bought on the Hub

I'm in the process of buying something from a Cape Town hubber :/ Now I'm not sure if I should... :thumbdown: Name and shame so we know who we CAN buy from safely

Hi Rob, if you can get hold of your seller, you should be safe I would assume as the chap in question here has been arrested.

I have built 2 complete bicycles from scratch, MTB and Roadie, with items purchased soley from Hubbers. I have a 3rd (TT) build in progress. I never ever had any issues with a single purchase from anyone on the Hub. So I suppose the question now is just how much of the 2.5 bicycles I own are actually from stolen bicycles ? :ph34r:

Hi Rob, if you can get hold of your seller, you should be safe I would assume as the chap in question here has been arrested.

Oh yeah - good point :blush: Don't I feel like a tjop!

Oh yeah - good point :blush: Don't I feel like a tjop!

Hehehe, not at all mate, I am juts going on the assumption that he is behind bars or in court.