How to get Tar off my MTB Frame

Lexx

I hope someone can help me. Yesterday on my training ride, i went over a patch of tar, that was still wet, and the bottom of my frame and at the back is now full of this black sh@t.

I tried washing it off with Clean Green and de-greaser, but it doesn't look like its working. Is there anything else that will take the tar off.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: wtf

Dinkim , turps takes the tar off no prob ( does not affect the bikes paint ) brasso makes it all shinny like new again .

They use turps to take tar off cars .

I don't know dude brasso is abrasive, It will take paint off maybe not to base metal but paint will come off.

I hear you , but its just to bring the shine back after use with turps , dont go rub the crap out of it because then it will rub it down. i have buffed many a bike to show room condition no problem .

Try it .

Mothers R3 - Race rubber remover - works like a charm.

Or any of the tar removers.

www.crazydetailer.co.za

+1

You get bespoke tar removers too - I think mine is a McGuires product. Worked like a charm when I had tar all over my bonnet!