Craddle pot holes!!!!

triathlete101

Thank you and well done guys! I've also heard that its not legal but if the mountain won't come to Mohammed..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beers on me for you guys - many many beers... :clap:

Having been though the pothole on Mendellssohn road in Montgomery park a couple of times in recent weeks, I applaud your initiative. (yes, I know I should look where I am going...) - at least I have not come off, but one of my friends broke some bones on that pothole.

If there is a law suit from the Dept for you guys fixing the pothole, I'm sure you will get hundreds of people backing you!

Saving more lives with a little tar is way more valuable than any suit the government can throw at you!

I've got your backs!!

Well done guys!!

:thumbup:

well done to you guys. The press is giving the road works credit for the job, whoever seen the repairs happening did not realise it was a private initiative, sucks

Brilliant work

Hey Crasher!

Long time!

I sent a reply to your note. Hope you got it!

1st of thank you thank you thank you.

I understand accidents happen....I mtb mostly but like to ride road as a good form of training but its just so dangerous - never mind bunch riding or taxi's but the state of our roads is just too much. I am a member of cyclelab and have often ridden the club rides on a saturday but I truelly feel unsafe and would rather ride on my own - its primarily the state of our roads causing this.

Perhaps Im just being paranoid but am/was considering doing a ride from jhb to dbn before amashova but am fast falling out of love with my road bike.... when was the last time there was fatality on a mtb (by that I mean riding off road)?

If there is a law suit from the Dept for you guys fixing the pothole, I'm sure you will get hundreds of people backing you!

Saving more lives with a little tar is way more valuable than any suit the government can throw at you!

I've got your backs!!

Well done guys!!

:thumbup:

+1

Well done.

Our roads are in a shocking state.........maybe we should withhold some of our tax money and rather fund you guys. Thanks

I am not clued up on the laws of this but surely the pothole left uncovered is more dangerous than one covered up.

I also don't think anything will happen to the roads department with yesterday's accident so I don't see how they can hold someone liable for an accident resulting from a pothole that was repaired

Actually, it's illegal to do what these fellas have done. Fixing a pothole requires more than just a bag of tar. There is a process to it and some heavy equipment needed to properly set the tar in place.

Hopefully nothing happens further, but if for instance, an accident is caused by this illegal repair, these cyclist will be liable.

It's very sad that this cyclist lost his life. What were they doing outside of the cycle lane though?

Actually, it's illegal to do what these fellas have done. Fixing a pothole requires more than just a bag of tar. There is a process to it and some heavy equipment needed to properly set the tar in place.

Hopefully nothing happens further, but if for instance, an accident is caused by this illegal repair, these cyclist will be liable.

It's very sad that this cyclist lost his life. What were they doing outside of the cycle lane though?

I am full of admiration for the efforts made by the gentlemen to repair the holes.However,I agree with you that the repair if not done professionally will come apart.There was another pic showing the completed product which seems to have disappeared which clearly shows that it was not properly prepared.

Sad about the accident.Condolances to family and friends

Is that on a down hill section that they would be going fast?