Craddle pot holes!!!!

triathlete101

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, those of you attacking me here have no regard for the laws and the way things are meant to work. When a clump of this tar flicks up and goes through an oncoming car's windscreen, killing the driver, it will be one of you "tjops" who caused it. This website is a great case study for the level of mentality within the cycling 'community', which in general, looks quite bleak actually. Mostly a bunch of spoilt brat, racist, religious freaks with nothing better to do than sit on a BB all day. haha. Good luck to yourselves.

Clearly, those of you attacking me here have no regard for the laws and the way things are meant to work. When a clump of this tar flicks up and goes through an oncoming car's windscreen, killing the driver, it will be one of you "tjops" who caused it. This website is a great case study for the level of mentality within the cycling 'community', which in general, looks quite bleak actually. Mostly a bunch of spoilt brat, racist, religious freaks with nothing better to do than sit on a BB all day. haha. Good luck to yourselves.

Wow, we have a proper tjop here!

Dude you live in the Cape too. What do you and I know about this situation exactly huh???? Schweeet f-all. The people on here who are involved are AFFECTED by something that is not happening and people HAVE DIED because of this. Your clump of tar means less that the shape of the stripe on your underpants when you last k@kked yourself. Get some perspective already will you!!

We ride there every weekend and it seems like more and more cyclists are moaning about the state of the roads, the problem is this is the only decent place to get in a good ride unless someone else has other suggestions?

Really hope the roads get sorted for all of us

Good grief, holier that thou? Hubbers, we are honoured to have an archbishop or similar weighing in here...

You really could do with some of that perspective pal. The laws against "roadwork" are in place to stop folk from digging up the tar to effect their own repairs; effectively destroying the road. Whilst the repairs are still illegal in the true sense of the law, they are not the reason for the law. Proper pothole repairs most often require replacement and recompaction of sub-base layers prior to the blacktop. However, as a temporary fix to a now deadly problem, these guys have done a stellar effort. For the record; the scenario you've just imagined is VERY unlikely.

What is more likely is that you're just a self-opinionated, sad troll, with little or no compassion, let alone a sense of responsibility to other road users. And the responsibility I'm talking about is that which makes you change something which is already having a profound impact on peoples' lives. People have been hurt, maimed and killed because of these potholes. Your scenario, well, let's just say it's unlikley to have happened. Ever.

So sure, sit down, keep trolling, but know you're a chop for saying what you did, in the manner in which you did.

And good day to you too sir - please feel free to leave this forum, sell your bike and stop annoying us - don't bother coming back, we don't like you.

Nishiki

The particular stretch of road does not have a demarcated cycle lane. It has a reasonably broad yellow line. Strictly, you should cycle in the road in this area. There are also many pedestrians on this particular stretch who walk in the yellow line.Your assumptions and subsequent confrontational conclusion are incorrect.

Nishiki

The particular stretch of road does not have a demarcated cycle lane. It has a reasonably broad yellow line. Strictly, you should cycle in the road in this area. There are also many pedestrians on this particular stretch who walk in the yellow line.Your assumptions and subsequent confrontational conclusion are incorrect.

Looks pretty much like a cycle lane to me not a broad yellow line

Aah.. Now I remember you, the other kids used to steal your lunch money in primary school? No? This a website for the cycling 'community''and if you hate it so much then LEAVE.

Looks pretty much like a cycle lane to me not a broad yellow line

It was changed recently (in the last few months) from a regular emergency lane to a cycle lane. On the club rides we generally go 2 by 2 on this section and due to the speed at this point the guy on the outside would tend to go into the road a little for safety - in no way hindering motorists as you are pretty much at the speed limit. As others pointed out there are plenty pedestrians, taxies stopping and the like in the area so also numerous other likely reasons for cyclists to legitimately be outside of the cycle lane. Edited by dracs

It was changed recently (in the last few months) from a regular emergency lane to a cycle lane. On the club rides we generally go 2 by 2 on this section and due to the speed at this point the guy on the outside would tend to go into the road for safety - in no way hindering motorists as you are pretty much at the speed limit. As others pointed out there are plenty pedestrians, taxies stopping and the like in the area so also numerous other likely reasons for cyclists to legitimately be outside of the cycle lane.

I am not criticising going into the road.I don't have a problem with that.

Merely pointing out that it is a cycle lane

It was changed recently (in the last few months) from a regular emergency lane to a cycle lane. On the club rides we generally go 2 by 2 on this section and due to the speed at this point the guy on the outside would tend to go into the road a little for safety ..............

I dont think you need to justify it Dracs, a cycle lane isnt really built for club rides so there's always going to be "spillage". Glad to know you guys are doing the best you can to use it.

Should guys like this still be allowed on this site after what he's doing here??????

Someone lost their life dude....

Great job for Fixing the Holes :thumbup: :clap: :clap: