26/27.5/29 Mega Merge Thread.

Tieffels

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely you just have a shait 9'er?

Ja, I've got one of those crappy carbon Tallboy's ;)

Ja, I've got one of those crappy carbon Tallboy's ;)

Either im glad i didnt decide to take the tallboy or you just dont deserve her, give her to me and ill let you know which. :P

Went to Modders today, and had the Specialized Epic 29er for a 25km ride. Loved it! OMW. it is obviously better than the currently owned bike..

First time on a 29er an first time on a DS. Went great and now know that it's the way to go.

Lets ride!

Thats a few first times that will make a good impression, dual sus and big wheels.... maybe u should have tried the HT 29er first.

So how long has the current bike got left...?

I've got a Specialized Camber 29er size L for a test this weekend, so far it seems pretty impressive. Would have prefered the XL but they dont have one in stock.

Pity the brake levers are the wrong way around tho...front is on the left and mine on the right and hope it doesn't result in some "collateral damage" after trying it out on some proper trails today...

I see a lot of you saying how the 29er is faster on flat gravel roads but slower on the technical single track. So what you are actually saying is that your 29er mountain bike is only better when you don't take it on a mountain? Why not just get a cyclocross bike? That would be even faster!

I see a lot of you saying how the 29er is faster on flat gravel roads but slower on the technical single track. So what you are actually saying is that your 29er mountain bike is only better when you don't take it on a mountain? Why not just get a cyclocross bike? That would be even faster!

Had a older model EMD 9 and now have the 2012 EMD 9 Large, bike setup changed allot since I started riding the Niners. Weight is 10.72.KG

Who sells Niner frames in JHB, where can I go take a look.?

Had a older model EMD 9 and now have the 2012 EMD 9 Large, bike setup changed allot since I started riding the Niners.

Weight is 10.72.KG

Hey Dubber88, a little off topic ( :whistling:), what's the differences [in ride, handling) between the old and the new EMD?

Who sells Niner frames in JHB, where can I go take a look.?

I saw one at Northcliff cycles once.

Hi!!

I want to upgrade to a 29er, I just want to know if it is really the shizz they say it is.

Also I want to go from hardtail to full suss.

At the moment I am looking at the Scott Spark 29 Team.

Hi dander

Just bought the Spark Expert, what a bike, suggest you spend slightly more, mine was r27k. Enjoy

Riding a bike has allot more to do with the geometry of the frame and weight distribution on the bike than the size of the wheels.

In other words you feeling confident on your bike and enjoying the ride.

If you are looking at 29'ers look at Niner frames.

Best geometry in the business in my opinion.

Just remember a bad fitment can ruin any bike no matter how expensive or "special".

29" wheels has it's advantages & disadvantages...

i fully agree the Niners are the bizniz..... numerous world cup wins, just about every ones uses them

+1 for Niner. Had the old Air 9 and loved it - got the new hydroformed Air 9 and love it more! Also a steel MCR in SS mode and yes - I love that too ;-) So much so I rode 80km on it this morning and it was 4 degrees when I started!

anybody tried the canondale scalpel 29er?

Jip, I bought a Scalpel 2 29er 6 weeks ago. It is an awesome, responsive machine! Just love it. I have tried a few other brands on test rides, but the scalpel suited my riding style the best. I've still got the 26" HT which I use as training bike, and it is still a pleasure to ride the 26 HT.

Been riding a 29" Singlespeed for the past 3 years and actually swopped my 29" race hardtail for a 26" AM bike.

Rode Specialized Epic S-works 26" ........2 months before Epic switched to Specialized Epic comp 29er. Fitted Easton EC90 wheels and loved it.

My height is 1.87......and the bike was brilliant. Definitely less fatigued on 29er for me.

Can recommend this 29er.....and it's bullet-proof.