Roasty advice needed

Stevief

I came off my bike at quite a speed yesterday and have a huge roasty on my leg and one on my arm. Any advice as the best way to ease the intense pain and whats a good way to heal (ointments etc). I havent put on any bandages on it as i think its better for it to dry out??

Any advice would be welcome

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

salt water bath or a dash of vinaeger :cursing:

just kidding,

well theres not much to ease the pain really, time,

i remember i used to play indoor week after week we would lose skin....

let it dry - use the red stuff (I am not even going to try to spell it :ph34r: ) and drink whiskey for the pain :thumbup:

Did the whisky thing last night , worked a treat will get the metholade today. tks chaps

and this is what my mother used to tell me when i was a little laatjie "dont pick the scabs or you will leave a scar"

:thumbup:

perhaps use Jelonet (Paraffin gauze dressing)with some bandage wrapped around it at night. helps to prevent that 'sticking' to the sheets etc. and lets the wound to drain straight through onto the bandage.

Try the pharmacy or perhaps Dischem for Jelonet or something similar.

keep it moist!!!!!!( clean moist please) no water or funnies, i forget the type of bandage or what its called but it designed to avoid scars, when the scab/ roastie dries out scaring is more likely, make sure you have been to a docs office and they have scrubbed it clean, its gona hurt like hell but its the best thing to do, a mate had the same when he came off his road bike at 60 plus km an hour, he was given bactroban and second skin burn bandages, then covered with normal bandages and allowed to heal, if i remember correctly he was told to leave alone an only change the outside bandage, the wound healed in 2 weeks and he has no scaring at all.

check with a doctor for the specifics but i have seen this method work like a charm, and yes chicks dig scars but if you can avoid them rather do.

perhaps use Jelonet (Paraffin gauze dressing)with some bandage wrapped around it at night. helps to prevent that 'sticking' to the sheets etc. and lets the wound to drain straight through onto the bandage.

Try the pharmacy or perhaps Dischem for Jelonet or something similar.

Dealing with a similar thing - just rather dry it. went out and had to wear long pants so opted for a dressing with some anti septic cream and then the dressing stuck and pulled the wound open.

Hot bath - savlon/dettol - scrubbing brush to remove all the grime and grit and a good pain threshold.

Merthiolate or Staaldruppels.

Staaldruppels being the better of the 2. I was COVERED in the stuff as a lightie. Come off the bike / skateboard / trampoline / box cart etc - Staaldruppels fixed it. No bandage needed...

Methyolade ......

+1, good wash with detol ect , then some of the Methyolade and you forget about it .

let it dry - use the red stuff (I am not even going to try to spell it :ph34r: ) and drink whiskey for the pain :thumbup:

DONT let it dry. will heal much faster is it remains covered and "wet'. Chemists/Drs have a large spongy plaster type thing. U put it on and leave it for 5 days..... Its inpregnated with some meds etc.... After a few days it looks and smells bleak, but when u take it off... VOILA! I had a roasty I let dru on my ankle, it formed a scab and I had to go to the Drs rooms to have it sorted out for 8 weeks.