Roadie plonker!!

mrbaker

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just a habit landies have picked up from calling for help when broken down in the bush

The only 4x4 that will give you 150 000km on a set of tyres (Considering it will spend 100 000km on a flat bed...)

It's very simple for me. I believe you have every right to go ahead and ride without a helmet.

Just as I have every right to refuse to ride with you if you do.

Its against the law ... like drunk driving.

No, it isnt.

The law was written then they realised it was prejudicial to the majority of the population so it has never been enforced and no penalties have ever been set for it.

People just like to tell other people what to do and this is just another excuse.

I love brinjals…just not on pizza…

Asparagus, too, has no place on pizza. Fresh asparagus is cool. Blanched quickly, drained, then grilled with pepper and olive oil. Serve with Hollandaise. Yum.

Capers? Should be used only for sauces like tartar.

Fresh salmon, avo & capers in a warm (small) pita!

Well - now that I have everyones back up (except the mtb'ers)... :whistling:

This morning at 07:00 whilst driving home from squash - I rode past some roadie probably in his 50's riding on Michelle Avenue (JHB South) which is a very busy road - WITHOUT a helmet!!

I think he's mad - does he not hear about all the cycling deaths or perhaps he thinks he is taxi / car / bus / truck proof..??..

who cares? it's his head, his choice. Quite being so self righteous.

No, it isnt.

The law was written then they realised it was prejudicial to the majority of the population so it has never been enforced and no penalties have ever been set for it.

People just like to tell other people what to do and this is just another excuse.

http://www.arrivealive.co.za/pages.aspx?i=540

In October 2004, regulation 207(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation became effective after being passed three years earlier.

Would the same apply to motorcycles? do you think wearing a motorcycle helmut is also lame?

I've actually noticed on quite a few races that the camera crew and medics who rides the quads are not wearing helmets. Silly really.

Much the opposite - just like people riding without helumts. I was not comparing the two but like most things the gov has made the decision for us.

What's wrong in cycling with Germans?

Some things just don't belong on a pizza.... I think avo is one of them. The feeling of warm avo in your mouth is just wrong.

Some things just don't belong on a pizza.... I think avo is one of them. The feeling of warm avo in your mouth is just wrong.

Avo added to Pizza just before serving = very good. Avo added before pizza goes in oven = very bad.

What's wrong in cycling with Germans?

Ich habe nichts gegen Duetsche . Ist du auch Duetsch?

ok..any pizza via debonairs, scooters etc falls in the no no category!

I used to have a thing for Pizza Hut's deep-pan offering long ago. Are there still Pizza Huts in this country? Can't remember the last time I saw one…