Cyclist shot after accident with pick-up truck

Mountainman44

post-28500-0-22988300-1346389045.jpghttp://www.clickonde...3u/-/index.html

TAYLOR, Mich. -

A bicyclist who was shot after being involved in a traffic accident with a pickup driver in Taylor has died.

Taylor police say the bicyclist died during surgery after the Wednesday night incident with a 46-year-old driver. Police have identified the 42-year-old man as Henry Enoch, of Taylor. The pickup driver, who police say is the suspected shooter, was arrested but released Thursday.

Police said the two began arguing after the bicyclist disregarded a "Do Not Cross" signal at Telegraph and Northline roads, causing the driver to hit him. Witnesses said the bicyclist got up and confronted the driver.

Quick Clicks

Bicyclist shot after colliding with...

"The pedestrian light was red. He wasn't supposed to be crossing and ran into the side of the truck," said witness Michelle Noffsinger. "He jumped up, he got up, and he ran around the front of the truck to the driver's side and he just started pounding on this guy. He hit him ... maybe seven times or so, and then the driver shot him and he fell to the ground. It was just really crazy."

Witnesses told police the driver pulled a pistol and fired one round at the bicyclist, striking him in the chest. The motorist stayed at the scene until police arrived.

Anyone with information on the crash, shooting and the bicyclist's identity is asked to contact the Taylor Police Department.

post-28500-0-74559700-1346389464.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuts.

id say - the cyclist sounds a bit nutty, but to shoot the dude - jees thats some serious road rage

I would have rode over his bicycle, not shot the guy.

Well maybe I lie a little, if he really was beating the poop out of me for a fault of his and I had no chance I would have shot him in the leg or something, not to kill him.

The driver will most probably claim self defence. Who knows, maybe it was... Not saying it's the right thing to do but you might have done the same if you thought your own life is in danger.

Sounds like he got what he deserved. Starting a fight after an accident is just plain stupid, it's just another form of road rage.

Maybe he drank some of the Lonmin muti before he went for his ride

Eish, these sangoma's making a killing then.

Rather shoot the guy in the knee so he won't be able to cycle and will always be a constant remeber on "how not to behave".

Edited by Zatek