Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Delgado, HHeeeellll Yeah, I also carry a spydeco Native - it's in my pocket every day, since I bought it in 1998. I have a few others like a Leatherman Super Tool and a Kershaw pocket knife, but the Spyderco does 99% of the work.

Heck I use this knife almots every day.

Also in 1998 I used to have a Spyderco Civilian (big hooked blade) in the right-hand pocket and a smaller Spyderco Endura. These knives saved my bacon one night when a guy tried to mug me on the pavement. I pulled both knives out and he decided to high-tail it outta there. Sadly both these knives were stolen off me one night when I was involved in a serious motor accident (probably while I was being resuscitated). So I bought the Native which I carry permanently.

So I guess for me it's the stories that accompany the knives, in addition to their use-value.

I'm a real fan of Spyderco, made in Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth.

My little Titanium Kershaw carry around. Stunning little knife. Skinned a buck or two with it, no problem.

Got a Swissgear Multitool I keep in my Mtb bag.

Also have the Titanium Kershaw... Light as a feather! I have one with a "pointy" blade though.

spyderco for me! btw where can you do source spyderco here in SA? Spyderco prices here are expensive or do you get it online?

spyderco for me! btw where can you do source spyderco here in SA? Spyderco prices here are expensive or do you get it online?

www.sharpedge.co.za - They have a shop in Sandton City. A bit far from Durbs though...

I have a few Swiss Army knives, some for over 30 years. I'm currently carrying an Alox Pioneer in my computer bag, always handy in the office environment.

http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys_master/celum_assets/8813760839710_0_8201_26_Bild2_3078_eps_1.jpg?1

I bought it at the Victorinox Flagship Store on Rue De Marche in Geneva, which is a real treat to visit for Victorinox fans, carrying the entire Victorinox product range of knives, watches, clothing, luggage, and so on.

The only challenge is to remember not to take it on to a plane with you, but to put it in your regular hold luggage - I would hate to have it confiscated..!

Have a Kershaw and Leatherman Skeletool.

Leatherman Skeletool , what a tool - light , ergonomics are awesome , pliers are a joy , blade is hybrid , takes screw bits . You can buy a leatherman bit extender that allows you to use any hex bit in the tool - screw/allen/torx and even sockets.

And best bit of all - 25 yr warranty on any failure on a Leatherman tool, incl wear and tear , user error etc . I just got my Wave back from the agents after busting the handle off the scissors - replaced free (I just had to pay for the shipping there , they even couriered it back for free).

That's called good service!

Leatherman Skeletool , what a tool - light , ergonomics are awesome , pliers are a joy , blade is hybrid , takes screw bits . You can buy a leatherman bit extender that allows you to use any hex bit in the tool - screw/allen/torx and even sockets.

And best bit of all - 25 yr warranty on any failure on a Leatherman tool, incl wear and tear , user error etc . I just got my Wave back from the agents after busting the handle off the scissors - replaced free (I just had to pay for the shipping there , they even couriered it back for free).

That's called good service!

Also have a Leatherman as my alternative toolbox. Also have the two holder with all the screwdriver hex etc bits. A verrrrry handy tool that also has very decent blades, saw and files.

Here's my dress-up Puma post-6166-0-16254600-1347632962.jpg And my favorite braai knife...though it is a tad big :blush: post-6166-0-01687300-1347633007.jpg

That is a lovely Puma Stockmans knife, you do not see them anymore.

Is your "braai knife" a Case ?.