Why not stop at red traffic lights?

Green Hornet

In boksburg you dont even skip green lights because chances are there will be a car coming through the red on the other side.

And in Boksburg, if you stop at a red light, arsehole, wanker cyclists ride into you.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you not see the bigger picture? Or are one off those who moan about what's on TV but don't pay your tv license?

Hey Princess, Yes I have moaned about whats on TV and I dont pay a TV licence and I refuse to do so.

SABC = (Some Arseholes Broadcasting Crap) I do not watch it

I have also ridden in bunches who disobey traffic rules, needless to say I now choose my riding bunch carefully.

We all have drivers' licenses, so we are all aware of the rules - not so?

Yes the general standard of raod users has deteriorated, and I find myself more on my MTB instead of my road bike.

In my humble opinion,there's the law, and then there's Survival.

Take the correct line and oobey the law, set an example for everyone to follow.

Up to you guys...

Cheers,

Note how the thread was about stopping/riding/yielding at red robots

I am aware exactly what the thread was about but you asked a question about who stops at green lights and you specifically added "if it is unsafe to proceed". The answer is an obvious one really. In hindsight it is quite apparent that it was a leading question and your intention all along was to get argumentative about it.

anyways... the point I was making, and which you've assisted with is that the judgementals here insist

1.) Stopping at a red light is an absolute

2.) Riding at a green light is discrentianary

Double standards? I'd say!

Actually I'd say not at all. Once again your logic is bizarre. It IS NOT illegal to be cautious at a green robot and even yield if there is a necessity to do so. In fact, without looking up the relevant road act, I'd actually assume it is encouraged. And point one and two have something in common that you seem oblivious to. Both are a means of ensuring your OWN safety. I'm not going to assume someone is going to stop at a red light coming from the other direction and then regret it afterwards when they don't and I'm dead!

Edited by Clint_ZA

Note how the thread was about stopping/riding/yielding at red robots

anyways... the point I was making, and which you've assisted with is that the judgementals here insist

1.) Stopping at a red light is an absolute

2.) Riding at a green light is discrentianary

Double standards? I'd say!

cheers

that's why "robo" is the right name... dude, apply common sense, not "standards". Stop a red light, because you don't want to be run over and appear to be a cyclist thinking special laws apply to him. Yield at green, because people make mistakes and you on your bike will come last if someone drives through the red robot, despite yours being green.

WTF? Does our TV license money fund robots now?

hahahah, have you not seen the red lights on your tv? oh wait a minute, they tell to to stop cooking, not riding, hahahah

Who stops at green lights, if you feel it unsafe/unsure to proceed?

Yeah, I always yield and have a quick squizz even if I have right of way.

This is exactly what motorists complain about. Problem is everyone gets painted with the same brush. However majority of the riders out there are the type that dont stop, ride 2 or 3 abreast and even ride in the middle of the road. They dont care and when confronted they have the biggest attitudes like it is their right to behave the way they do, maybe then again they are right until they are flattened, but even then they will go back and do it all again.

I always yield at a green light just to make sure the cars coming the other way are indeed stopping/stopped. There is only one person who is going to take responsibility for your own safety, and that's you.

Try that in JHB. Sure way to get taken out. Joburg is tough country boetie. Hier stop ons nie vir *** nie. Ons ry!

Hey Princess, Yes I have moaned about whats on TV and I dont pay a TV licence and I refuse to do so.

SABC = (Some Arseholes Broadcasting Crap) I do not watch it

So it is ok to point fingers while you are just as wrong?

Edit: spelling

Edited by Niner

So it is ok to piont fingers while you are just as wrong?

Dont you have something constructive to do like go chew fleas or something?