Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

According to the SAIDS 2010-2011 annual report, in that period rugby had the most doping rule violations, namely 6, followed by power lifting (5) and boxing (4). Wrestling had 2 and cycling only 1. Even netball and rowing had one each.

Doping in Netball?? Wow what's next, darts and ten pin bowling???

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, LiveStrong is not about Cancer Support. LiveStrong is about Cancer AWARENESS. They don't give money or any support to people with cancer, as far as I know.

"If Lance Armstrong went to jail and Livestrong went away, that would be a huge setback in our war against cancer, right? Not exactly, because the ­famous nonprofit donates almost ­nothing to scientific research"

wrong... not that I want to go there but Livestrong do have programs in the US that provide direct support to cancer patients. it is true that while they started out primarily fundng research they moved away from this a few years ago to provide cancer support and advocacy - this is up in lights and their donors understand this fully. Edited by dracs

Gotta love the comments from this sage -

A Tweet by @bsbrandon5 Love the fact all the guys making comments about this sitting behind your desks working... Pretty much trying to ruin the future of every pro cyclist in the country!

I don't think he understands that guys like David George and Lance Armstrong are ruining the sport and us mere mortals with 9 to 5 jobs are supporting the sport.

What a tjop. It's the pro cyclists ruining the sport.

If he is clean Kevin is going to be really screwed over financially by the standard team format in SA marathon mountainbiking races... If innocent if I were him I'd get a good attorney on board and sue DG for his loss of earnings.

Edited by dracs

The reality of this scandal has really hit SA now and it's very sad. You can't help but think that it's going to set the sport back, sure, we won't stop riding but what about that aspiring young talent that is coming through and looking for sponsorship. Who is going to be jumping at sponsoring these guys? My friend has a daughter who is one of the top talents in Gauteng, if not SA and she's battling to find a good sponsor.

It seems like cycling is the only sport that is been put to task, surely other codes need to be measured. Dunno??

Judging by most of the comments here, the general consensus is that KE is/was clean...

please dont get me previos post wrong , im not accusing KE at all , just saying he could not have been oblivious to it

I have complete faith in Kevin Evans - don't ask me why, I just do.

Don't disappoint me, Kev!

Guess that R100 000 they won at the Cape Pioneer is outta da window!!!

Out of competition.

Actually, LiveStrong is not about Cancer Support. LiveStrong is about Cancer AWARENESS. They don't give money or any support to people with cancer, as far as I know.

"If Lance Armstrong went to jail and Livestrong went away, that would be a huge setback in our war against cancer, right? Not exactly, because the ­famous nonprofit donates almost ­nothing to scientific research"

Hmmm...when you put it that way it makes one think...

Doping in Netball?? Wow what's next, darts and ten pin bowling???

How about tug-of-war? 15 tests but no positives. :) They also test lifesaving (huh?), archery, shooting and figure skating (I didn't even know people did that in SA).

You guys must have an extremely strong rose tint to your Oakleys.

Hahahahaha! Uvex, actually. Just a feeling I get. Like I said, I hope - and maybe it's hoping against hope - that I am not wrong.