Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

What a load of BS..........Maybe you should try Mountain biking sometime. I do both, road and MTB, and 3 hrs MTB racing is definitely tougher than 3 hours on the road................

If you read through the post you'll see my later comments. I was poking fun at the guys making this a Road vs MTB issue. I bike. If it's on or off road. Don't matter.

I don't see why people are always making an issue with MTB vs Road. I love cycling. I also do both and more.

PS. never tell a MTB'er his discipline is not tough, then they'll attack you from all sides. They are a touchy bunch. I don't think I have to prove that.

I'm not a roady or a MTB'er. I am a cyclist.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to meet a tough mtb'er who as as tough as tough roadies!

And most mtb'ers have a chip on thier shoulder about being outdoorsy and tough... Haha and mostly they are the ones who think getting onto the pavement is technical riding...

Both disciplines are tough if you ride hard... The thing about road is that there is sometimes NO respite for kilometers... And that is what makes them tough... No singletrack to blame for your slow times... Nobottlenecks... Just you... And no excuses!

Im with the bloke who is a cyclist... its like elaborating that you have a 4x4 when you mention you have a car...

Any DH (Down Hill MTB wink.png ) riders ever been caught for doping???

Weed is not included!!!

Well what makes the the dawgs in downhill? Surely its more the skills than athletic ability, although the capacity and willingness to pedals does make a difference.

Unfortunately only money will solve this. I represent a fairly large event sponsor, and what irritates me is not only the doping, but the "code of silence" between the pros (and non-pros). Now everybody is not surprised-why wasn't he weeded out long before. Unfortunately change will only occur when the pain of doping is more than the benefit. That will only happen if the money dries up. Self regulation between cyclists will be the most effective- why do big companies' all use whistleblower facilities. It is time that the people making money out of the sport, clean it up. We neef a statement from Evans, as he has ridden with this guy for 4 years, living very intimately with him on a day to day basis-if he did not know, tell us and tell us how is it possible that he did not pick up on it. For now our money is going elsewhere, until we have pros that can be respected for standing up for what is right and weeding out those that earn no respect.

Going to start at the end, please don't move your money some where else, what we rather need is the sponsors also getting involved in the clean up, go stand up against CSA and say, either the dopers go, as in life time go, make it that expensive for them, a proper deterrent or we do.

As for DG and KE, I don't believe they even trained together, KE stays in Plet, DG in the southern suburbs, Cpt. They pretty much only got together here and there for special training, and then races. stand to be corrected by someone that knows the 2 guys personally.

As for KE commenting, hmm, in 2 minds about should he, should he not, commenting is not going to help anyone, or anything, anything he will say will be believed by his followers and not by the rest, he has a big enough problem now for the Epic, find a partner, try and convince Nedbank to come back, continue sponsorship, otherwise he and family is without a income, not a nice place to be.

G

Unfortunately only money will solve this. I represent a fairly large event sponsor, and what irritates me is not only the doping, but the "code of silence" between the pros (and non-pros). Now everybody is not surprised-why wasn't he weeded out long before. Unfortunately change will only occur when the pain of doping is more than the benefit. That will only happen if the money dries up. Self regulation between cyclists will be the most effective- why do big companies' all use whistleblower facilities. It is time that the people making money out of the sport, clean it up. We neef a statement from Evans, as he has ridden with this guy for 4 years, living very intimately with him on a day to day basis-if he did not know, tell us and tell us how is it possible that he did not pick up on it. For now our money is going elsewhere, until we have pros that can be respected for standing up for what is right and weeding out those that earn no respect.

Going to start at the end, please don't move your money some where else, what we rather need is the sponsors also getting involved in the clean up, go stand up against CSA and say, either the dopers go, as in life time go, make it that expensive for them, a proper deterrent or we do.

As for DG and KE, I don't believe they even trained together, KE stays in Plet, DG in the southern suburbs, Cpt. They pretty much only got together here and there for special training, and then races. stand to be corrected by someone that knows the 2 guys personally.

As for KE commenting, hmm, in 2 minds about should he, should he not, commenting is not going to help anyone, or anything, anything he will say will be believed by his followers and not by the rest, he has a big enough problem now for the Epic, find a partner, try and convince Nedbank to come back, continue sponsorship, otherwise he and family is without a income, not a nice place to be.

G

I'm interested to hear from Evans. Nothing yet which is worrying. He seems nice enough, but I'm less worried about his income than the future of the sport. I suspect he'll be fine income-wise.

what makes you think he will be ok income-wise...

i'm worried bout both, i'm not going to say he did not know, or expect, but as long as he was clean, he was clean and his career should not be sunk because of DG actions.

G

I'm interested to hear from Evans. Nothing yet which is worrying. He seems nice enough, but I'm less worried about his income than the future of the sport. I suspect he'll be fine income-wise.

for those that follow KE on twitter, everyone else also notice he has gone dead quiet there also...

off topic re DG,

so who think, or who would like to see KE and Burry ride the Epic together.

If KE was to find a local rider, who's on the menu?

G

what makes you think he will be ok income-wise...

i'm worried bout both, i'm not going to say he did not know, or expect, but as long as he was clean, he was clean and his career should not be sunk because of DG actions.

G

He has a shop. There's a chance that Nedbank won't pull out, a la Barloworld. Scott will continue to back him.

Edited by Tumbleweed

he has a shop, hmm aren't it his dads?

G

He has a shop. There's a chance that Nedbank won't pull out, a al Barloworld. Scott will continue to back him.

Any DH (Down Hill MTB wink.png ) riders ever been caught for doping???

Weed is not included!!!

Dopping plenty though...

I'm going to believe that Kevin is clean, simply because I want to. I do think that he needs to step up to the plate now and publicly confirm that he is, indeed, clean.

We, as the cycling community, also need to make our voices heard and show our support on the social media platforms (@Nedbank on twitter and Nedbank Sport on fb) and encourage Nedbank to stick around. They may or may not care, but if there's the off chance that your voice can make a difference it's worth a shot!

for those that follow KE on twitter, everyone else also notice he has gone dead quiet there also...

off topic re DG,

so who think, or who would like to see KE and Burry ride the Epic together.

If KE was to find a local rider, who's on the menu?

G

I was thinking Phil Buys maybe, already on Scott and USN, just need a team, maybe he joins 360life