Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many local pro mtb'ers in south africa. 4 competed at the world marathon champs. KE was the 2nd RSA finisher 29 minutes down on the winner, DG DNF. that sums it up.

Like I said...think he went for a looooong ride and took some wyn vir die pyn. Demmit I am sommer the moer in again with DG.

Pick your partner carefully..........

There is 100% proof that he doped on August 29. As I understand things, the weekend before (SA Champs) he was 2nd at SA champs (dropped by Max Knox) so that result stands as there was no proof at that time he used dope. The next weekend (Trans Cedardburg I think) he dropped the bunch and rode for 75km by himself to hold off a group of chasers (albeit, barring Kevin Evans, not the strongest field but still good riders).

The effects of EPO last a lot longer than the 6-12 hours you can still be tested positive (it is not a short-term stimulant that gives you a quick fix).

According the the rules, if you test positive you immediately suspended from the date of positive test. He has admitted guilt so I presume will get a two-year suspension from August 29.

So, according to the rules, his SA champs result should stand unless fiorther prood is offered that he was doping before August 29. But as for Trans Cedarburg, Hill 2 Hill, Pioneer Trek and any other races after August 29 his results will be taken out of that. It has nothing to do with "the actual lack of proof, that he was guilty at the time of racing" -- he cheated on August 29 so is deemed to be suspended from that date.

All of the above is my understanding of the situation, but if anybody has better info...

As for Kevin E being so quiet ... silence is not a proof of guilt and in his case I am certain he has been told not to say anything by sponsors / advisors. I personally cannot understand how he would suspected something was up, but does anybody have any proof that he knew. While him and DG were close and sharing rooms at races, they did live in different cities and you do not have to take EPO the night before a race, so it is very possible that DG took the stuff only while at home when KE was not there.

Good post thanks. So DG has said he is going to come clean... In doing so he may have created a bit of a conundrum for himself since admitting to doping before Aug 29 would likely mean a number of he AND KE's results could be rescinded / prize money recovered etc. he has already screwed his mate over - being honest will only make it worse.

Moral dilemma... ?

how long ago was this?

Many years back. Rapport Tour days. Some of the parties no longer around.

Did I read somewhere that Drug-Free said DG's confession is unprecedented? Didn't Nolan also come clean? Or is it because he came clean before the B sample. Can't remember if Nolan asked for one…

If I was Kevin Evans, I will moer David George because I am losing my winning prize money, sponsors and etc...

I am surprised that KE was quiet and does not know... That is crap!! I like Hunters's and Impey's comment

Did I read somewhere that Drug-Free said DG's confession is unprecedented? Didn't Nolan also come clean? Or is it because he came clean before the B sample. Can't remember if Nolan asked for one…

The sanction will normally be increased if he B sample is tested and found to be positive. By admitting guilt the cyclist is hoping for leniency.

If I was Kevin Evans, I will moer David George because I am losing my winning prize money, sponsors and etc...

I am surprised that KE was quiet and does not know... That is crap!! I like Hunters's and Impey's comment

It might be instructive to track KE's achievements before and after he became tight with DG.

It might be instructive to track KE's achievements before and after he became tight with DG.

give Kevin the benefit of the doubt.

KE improved his performance when he teemed up with DG. He ascribed the improvements to the discipline that road training gave him and to losing weight.

He did in fact lose weight and he did become more structured and disciplined with his training. I for one always accepted that.

Possibly, but KE has been one of the most consistent riders in SA, I will almost be willing to say he's results have been worse since partnering with DG'S, he won the national title before DG, not with him, held the yellow jersey at the Epic before, with Lakata until Lakata exploded his wheel, KE ride the *** into Lakata at that Epic, various roadie titles befor DG also, a 9th at worlds before DG, I've convinced myself actually, partnering with DG has in more ways than one been bad for King Kevin.

Edited by Mackie

Good post thanks. So DG has said he is going to come clean... In doing so he may have created a bit of a conundrum for himself since admitting to doping before Aug 29 would likely mean a number of he AND KE's results could be rescinded / prize money recovered etc. he has already screwed his mate over - being honest will only make it worse.

Moral dilemma... ?

well, as he has been taking Epo regularly, do you think a "moral dilemma" would be something DG would be concerned about...?

Was wondering whether Kevin could sue David for loosing his income, prize money, etc?

My sister's in the legal expertise and she said that personally, she would do just that.