Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

+1. You're a victim of a disease. Here clean riders and cycling in general is the victim. You know, at first I was buying this "we had to do it" and "no one understands what we have to go through" victim mentality crap, but not anymore. They are cheats and need to be treated as such.

Millar calls it here:

"Cycling has been exposed as a fraudulent sport," Millar told The Guardian. "It was, until recently, a deeply criminal business. We're facing the darkness of that period, and it is so necessary. This is the only way that cycling is going to climb out of the abyss - by confronting the past just as we have cleaned up the current state of the sport. It has to be done and that's why the UCI needs to take responsibility now."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cycling-was-a-deeply-criminal-business-says-millar

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw somewhere that sponsors will be more likely to get involved with events rather than teams as it reduces the risk.

I like that idea. That way us average Joe's can benefit from Nedbank-moneybags, and not just the team.

blixem but the guys are giving ol George stick on twitter. Something tells me

1. He wasn't a very popular guy in the pro scene
  2. Doping isn't new to him

Never liked this oke.. Especially when he whined about missing a route marker in last years Sani which cost them the stage win. The reason he missed the marker - which everyone else spotted - was because he was so close to the vehicle he was riding behind (or drafting in my book).. Watch the video from the chopper..

IMO - Good riddance, and he deserves everything that's coming his way. He's had the (false) glory, now for the shame. His statement is hardly full of any remorse either.

Im just sorry about the damage he's done to the image of SA mountain biking..

Did I mention that I didn't like this oke..?

I was thinking last night, it would be great if DG can open up to everything he's done against the rules since starting cycling. When did he dope, for how long, how did he get it, who else was involved? And I'm not saying write a book, please! Hopefully more statements will follow, because his current one confirms nothing, except what everybody already knows from his A sample.

I don't know the man, but it seems from other pros that he wasn't well liked, but he was still a good and talented cyclist.

Made the headlines of the Beeld newspaper this morning - making a big thing of that he was an ex team mate of Lance.

Why did it take from Aug to now for the result to come out (and many races later)? At the olympics it was two or three days.

Why did it take from Aug to now for the result to come out (and many races later)? At the olympics it was two or three days.

Our labs don't have the capacity to provide a turnaround time of 2-3 days.

At the Olympics they had something like 400 lab analysts working at a major labatory around the clock to test samples.

I was thinking last night, it would be great if DG can open up to everything he's done against the rules since starting cycling. When did he dope, for how long, how did he get it, who else was involved? And I'm not saying write a book, please! Hopefully more statements will follow, because his current one confirms nothing, except what everybody already knows from his A sample.

I don't know the man, but it seems from other pros that he wasn't well liked, but he was still a good and talented cyclist.

I agree- he can still help the sport after all the **** he caused. I think some pro's are not sleeping well.

I've had my nap, and the questions still remain.

If all the other pro's knew he was on something, why did they not speak up ?

And secondly, all those pro's that were faster than him or (were?) his team mates, did they juice it up as well ? I cannot find reference to in competition testing, but only out off (yes I know, ostrich factor here).

702 reported on the radio this morning that Malcom Lange had his suspicions due to some of DG performances.

It's true he is not the most lovable kid on the block, yet he and Kevin hit it off really well.

It's just life that some will get along with one but others won't.

He certainly didn't help his cause in the past.

Talented, yes of course, as with L.A. I will echo that with or without the dope he has talent.

Am I glad this has come to light, more than you can imagine, now they can get all and sundry, from the club sponsored rider right trough to the top.

Time to take doping, and testing thereof serious in this country.

702 reported on the radio this morning that Malcom Lange had his suspicions due to some of DG performances.

i also heard that,

Just think if, Malcom also doped. He won over 100 races in SA. that would really really be a terrible.

Nedbank, if possible pls make an example of DG & charge him with fraud. Maybe DG spending a couple years in prison will make people think twice about doping in the future.

Me thinks they asked for a urine samples on that 100k cape pioneer hillclimb day.

The drugs won't necessarily make you perform like hell on the day, and it's already been said that it was an out of competition sample.