Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

it normally starts small, most clubs now have a "race" team and these guys are separate form other club members in that they normally have different kit ,or even the words race team in red at the bottom of the pockets.

People drop friends by the wayside just to become part of this little elitist group.

From there the pressure mounts, the ego expands and things go pear shaped.

Great point Anton...I mean who wants to ride in blue like 95% of the club when you can ride in red...vanity is n lelike ding

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm asking why one gets goose-flesh with EPO? Seems a strange thing to happen - just wondering.

I see now, the gooseflesh syndrome is not necessarily fro EPO ,it's a common sign to look out for though.

If all the pro's knew, surely Kev must have as well? Which is more disturbing: he did know or he didn't...

Or worse even did he partake. I really hope not...but just thinking about the wooha that was made about DG's influence on him ito of prep...loosing weight etc etc. Hope it didn't incl doping

I see now, the gooseflesh syndrome is not necessarily fro EPO ,it's a common sign to look out for though.

Recent blood doping would do it. Blood cold, cause goose-flesh.

Now not going to be able to go to races without looking at okes legs. Thanks.

I am all against dope in sport - but how many professional people (banker included) use "recreational drug" (cocaine, CAT etc) to get through their high stress business day? Sometimes business men out of sport point fingers at sports people when behind "not such closed doors" they too are taking drugs! Pot calling kettle black! They may not be tested but these drugs - but these drugs are also illegal!

Also, is it just me or are the chicks generally cleaner than the guys? Haven't heard of any female doping saga's yet and I can't see the like of Ashleigh Moolman, Candice Neethling, Ariane, Yolande, etc. taking drugs. Or am I just being naive??

Great point Anton...I mean who wants to ride in blue like 95% of the club when you can ride in red...vanity is n lelike ding

Like Dangle has previously stated. It's about being the biggest cheese in your own lunchbox. If people just realised that there is no recognition to be found outside of the pro tours they could relax about their Monday morning Racetec results page.

What do you mean ?

Is it normal for someone to be shivering on a 30 degree day in the blazing sun with goose-flesh ?

It's a common sign that most who know about it first look for.

I think he wanted to know what's up with the goose flesh? (I want to know too).

Is the guy feeling chilly because of the drug or is it just a reaction?

If you didn't mention it now, I would've thought the guy's a top rider with not enough fat to keep him warm on the start line.

Edited by Fester

If you didn't mention it now, I would've thought the guy's a top rider with not enough fat to keep him warm on the start line.

When I got heatstroke in a race a few years ago I started shivering and getting goosebumps....

If all the pro's knew, surely Kev must have as well? Which is more disturbing: he did know or he didn't...

Ignorance is bliss. If he had his suspicions, I am sure that as a close friend he wouldn't want to accept this. (IMHO)

Gooseflesh is from pseudo ephedrine ... a hubber got busted for that a few years ago?

When I got heatstroke in a race a few years ago I started shivering and getting goosebumps....

I think its also a sign of dehydration at the end of a race but i think Dangle is referring the a guy having gosse-bumps before he has even started riding.

Not sure about 30 degree heat but before races I tend to get gitters and occasional goose bumps from nerves. Then again those are early morning starts.

I am all against dope in sport - but how many professional people (banker included) use "recreational drug" (cocaine, CAT etc) to get through their high stress business day? Sometimes business men out of sport point fingers at sports people when behind "not such closed doors" they too are taking drugs! Pot calling kettle black! They may not be tested but these drugs - but these drugs are also illegal!

is recreational drugs really common amongst professional people? Maybe i'm just blind but I've never come across friends or colleagues that are involved with drugs.

We just often drink too much, that's all