Eldron

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

That'll do without spending any money ....

20220207_160029.jpg

20220205_145713.jpg

Turns out that frame was too small for him ... anyways so moving right along. Got this 26" carbon frame that needed a bit of repair. It's been done. 

Don't like the look of the fork so I'm 3D printing a spacer to fill that big 'gap'. Big Thys has done his magic on the frame and some of the bits

Will have 2 wheelsets, one with MTB tyres and the other with gravel tyres

Edit ... 27.5 wheels!

20220627_083539.jpg

IMG-20220627-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220627-WA0022.jpg

Edited by NotSoBigBen

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 2:23 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Changes made, looks somewhat neater 😎

Fitted a carbon bar ... man 9sp is such a pleasure to set up! Chainguide busy printing.

20220530_105404.jpg

20220530_105415.jpg

20220530_105426.jpg

That white was irritating me as well as the unused front derailleur cable stops and the fact that the rear gear cable isn't a full outer. Stripped, drilled/filed the cable stops.

It's at the painter now ....

I’ve just completed my bike. Today was its second outing. 

The frame is a Cannondale Flash carbon medium. The bike weight with pedals tipped the scale at 8,5kg’s. 

See below for parts list

Frame: Cannondale Flash 

Fork: Chinese carbon (will change in the near future)

Shifters: Sensah 1 x 12 

Rear derailleur: Sensah 12 speed 

Cranks: Race Face 

Chainring: Easton 40T

BB: Token press fit with adapters for the 24mm Race Face spindle 

Cassette: e*thirteen 9-46

Brakes: TRP cable pull 

Rims: STANS Crest MK3

Hubs: Tune Kong

Tyres: Maxxis Rambler 45mm

Bars: Fizik Cyrano 

Stem: Token

Saddle: Fizik 

Summary 

The bike is finally comfortable. No back pain. The two main items which I had to change after it’s maiden ride was the saddle and tyre pressure’s. I changed the saddle from a Farr saddle to a Fizik. I felt discomfort and a saddle sore after the first ride. Zero discomfort after a 3 hour ride, after the saddle swop. The gearing is perfect. Goes like a road bike on the flats thanks to the  e*thirteen cassette (9-46) and I feel I have enough gears to climb as well. I’m not a fan of the forks. The legs stand way too high. The frame allows me to carry two 750mm bottles and in Lyne bottle cages. The Sensah shifting takes a little getting use too. My road bike has Shimano gearing. Otherwise it’s good to go. Hopefully I can ride the bike this coming weekend at the Underberg Gran Fondo.

A7FBA6EC-D4A1-4C22-BD85-61E70FFED12E.jpeg

7FBD4ABE-42EE-41F4-923B-8B34A81C08DD.jpeg

10 hours ago, Owen said:

The frame is a Cannondale Flash carbon medium. The bike weight with pedals tipped the scale at 8,5kg’s. 

See below for parts list

Summary 

The bike is finally comfortable. No back pain. The two main items which I had to change after it’s maiden ride was the saddle and tyre pressure’s. I changed the saddle from a Farr saddle to a Fizik. I felt discomfort and a saddle sore after the first ride. Zero discomfort after a 3 hour ride, after the saddle swop. The gearing is perfect. Goes like a road bike on the flats thanks to the  e*thirteen cassette (9-46) and I feel I have enough gears to climb as well. I’m not a fan of the forks. The legs stand way too high. The frame allows me to carry two 750mm bottles and in Lyne bottle cages. The Sensah shifting takes a little getting use too. My road bike has Shimano gearing. Otherwise it’s good to go. Hopefully I can ride the bike this coming weekend at the Underberg Gran Fondo.

awesome build - well done!

• 8 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, Owen said:

See below for parts list

Summary 

@Owen how is the Sensah groupo holding up? How did you source it locally, Alibaba?

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2022 at 12:13 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

I guess the white cages look better now 🤪

20220723_104328~2.jpg

Time to solve this 'mullet' gravel conundrum and update the MonsterX ... 11sp Shimano 105 shifter, 9sp L2 A5 rear derailleur (the SRAM version) ... 11-50 wide range cassette

Let's see if that "mullet" shift adapter (3D printed it) will actually be able to make it work 🤔

#GravelMullet

IMG-20230610-WA0002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Time to solve this 'mullet' gravel conundrum and update the MonsterX ... 11sp Shimano 105 shifter, 9sp L2 A5 rear derailleur (the SRAM version) ... 11-50 wide range cassette

Let's see if that "mullet" shift adapter (3D printed it) will actually be able to make it work 🤔

#GravelMullet

IMG-20230610-WA0002.jpg

So have finally got round to testing it on my 'test rig' .... 

Initially I installed everything without the 'mullet adapter' ... it shifted 2 or gears 'ok' then skipped gears and then came to a halt with about 3 or 4 gears to go 

Fitted the adapter and lo and behold .... it works a bloody treat, the gaps for each gear are correct and it shifts all 11 gears 😎 - my understanding is that all SRAM rear dérailleurs both MTB and road have the same 'pull ratio' of 1:1 so it means that this 11sp Shimano road shifter will shift correctly with any SRAM rear derailleur

Next I'll fit it to my training gravel bike for some 'real world' testing ... sometime this week I hope

IMG-20230619-WA0002.jpg

3 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Initially I installed everything without the 'mullet adapter' ... it shifted 2 or gears 'ok' then skipped gears and then came to a halt with about 3 or 4 gears to go 

Fitted the adapter and lo and behold .... it works a bloody treat, the gaps for each gear are correct and it shifts all 11 gears 😎 - my understanding is that all SRAM rear dérailleurs both MTB and road have the same 'pull ratio' of 1:1 so it means that this 11sp Shimano road shifter will shift correctly with any SRAM rear derailleur

Next I'll fit it to my training gravel bike for some 'real world' testing ... sometime this week I hope

IMG-20230619-WA0002.jpg

Are you sure ab9ut the 1:1???

Been looking to see if i can fit my force1 shifters to 11spd sram rear mech and cant seem to find anything about it working

10 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

my understanding is that all SRAM rear dérailleurs both MTB and road have the same 'pull ratio' of 1:1

1:1 for 10 speed Sram yes (both road and MTB). An 11 Shimano road shifter has a different pull ratio than 1:1?

9 hours ago, no calves said:

Are you sure ab9ut the 1:1???

Been looking to see if i can fit my force1 shifters to 11spd sram rear mech and cant seem to find anything about it working

That's what I was 'told' 🤔

Now that I read like you it seems its not quite that simple 🤨

2 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

1:1 for 10 speed Sram yes (both road and MTB). An 11 Shimano road shifter has a different pull ratio than 1:1?

Thank you, as I said above it would appear I was lead to believe it was all simple but it ain't 🙄

The 11sp Shimano does have a different pull as you say but fortunately that gadget takes care of it ... it in fact allows any shifter to any derailleur, with a bit of fiddling of course 😁 ... it's just the size of the little 'wheel widget' inside that changes how much it pulls

joh😀. that sounds very nice. please keep us updated if it works.

On my monster bike, I have a Sram 10 speed road and mtb mix . Red shifters and OX rear derailleur. this setup i been using for 5 to 6 years. Shifting is like Dura Ace 👌

monster bike.jpg

23 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

IMG-20230619-WA0002.jpg

much like avids rollamjig???