Bad Attitude MTB ers

Vetseun

And for some also a weight thing.. I've seen way to often riders avoiding to carry extras with them to save weight, and then someone else in the bunch or some passerby needs to sponsor a tube, bomb, lube, chainlink etc.

Exactly...nog neg items....ie I won't give you mine.

1 bomb + adapter + tjoob

1 quicklink

1 multitool

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people get their panties in knot about this greeting thing, sometimes, often actually people's response to not being greeted or given a return greeting is more telling and just as bad.

If that affects your ride, then you're doing it wrong, get over it.

Couldn't even venture a guess to the number of times I've not received a reply to greeting, or not greeted someone else. On a crowded trail like the Spruit it's more often than not just silly to be greeting every other person or expecting a greeting/acknowledgement.

Riding somewhere more remote like vG, different scenario. At the end of the day, how does it REALLY affect your ride?

First world problems, sigh.

I think that was what made me leave road riding, was the team spirit amoungst mounties. I live in Bloem. You dont often see other riders when you ride. I only thing it is common good manners to greet somebody that is doing something that you have in common. I must say, rather ignore me that give that arrogant head flick thingy that they do, anyway DD that is my opinion. Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

1 bomb + adapter + tjoob

1 quicklink

1 multitool

You are a hard man Rouxtjie

1 bomb + adapter + tjoob

1 quicklink

1 multitool

I agree! Incredible how many times even in the first 10km you see someone standing there asking for a bomb/tube. I can understand if you used yours but clearly they're not carrying any.

I think that was what made me leave road riding, was the team spirit amoungst mounties. I live in Bloem. You dont often see other riders when you ride. I only thing it is common good manners to greet somebody that is doing soomething that you have in common. I must say, rather ignore me that give that arrogant head flick thingy that they do, anyway DD that is my opinion.

For sure, I agree. Like you say, you don't often see riders (or much else tongue.png ) which what I mentioned in my post.

Just saying I reckon folk put too much energy into being aggro about not being greeted back or whatever. It's just as bad imho.

Mate of mine is one of those, does his nut when not greeted back, I asked him "But who then actually has the problem?"

Bigger issue for me, is people riding trails through land that they know full well is private and don't pay the fee and sign the indemnity. Yet still have the audacity to have an attitude about it when confronted.

Had just that experience yesterday whilst out at van Gaalen. The two riders who greeted earlier and the one who didn't were no issue.

You are a hard man Rouxtjie

hehehhehe eish I just got gatvol of handing out my stuff at every race, and to replace it at my own cost at the end. At every race there is always someone that is riding without the above, gets stuck and screams for help. I stopped this after I did a quick calc. Helping people has cost me around 600 bucks so far....quicklinks, bombs and tjoobs. NOT ONE of the guys or gals...took my number or offered to replace goods or came up to me after the race with a beer in hand, so it boils down to giving 60 bucks away at every race....I just couldn't keep up. People used to make an effort to return the goods or make a point of thanking you after the race...even if its just a beer.

Now if someone bailed and saw their ringpiece or have problems with bent hangers or DR's or freewheel giving crap. For sure, will stop and help.

Yeah, I'm with Dangle and co on this... it's not related to our sport, but more to society. We live in a selfish sad place these days...

Another fine example, dropping my misses of for her CC ride on Sunday, get to Rivonia offramp, it's backed up 2.8km as pretty much expected, I get in line and wait. The queue was moving fast, but the number of a-holes that drove the length of the queue and then jumped in at the end is just typical cursing.gif And then best of all, they get upset with you when you don't let them in... eek.gif Pity you can't give people a good old p*es klap these days, would love to go nuke.gif on some of them arrogant schmucks!

Wow - you have 4 posts and 7 likes....you must have said something profound at one point.......looks like that trend has come to an end with this inane comment

Suprised I made it to 4 posts without being attacked as usual by some Hub Hero like yourself. You could of at least let me get to 5 posts??

Suprised I made it to 4 posts without being attacked as usual by some Hub Hero like yourself. You could of at least let me get to 5 posts??

And 5 it is.

You're a knob.

Mehehehehehe.

I don't care what y'all think of each other and what you wanna call one another, but my warning points are at -1 WooHoo w00t.gif w00t.gif

What is really impressive to me is the number of serious racers we are blessed with in this country. I can fully understand in a race where you are riding for your paycheck that you would choose not to help another rider. Your livelihood depends on your result so, in a way, fair enough. I'm just amazed that we have these "serious riders" all the way down to F and G group on the road. It's also surprising how often there are races on that I'm unaware of. Riding at Groenies or VG or NF on the weekends and seeing the "serious racers" come by with no greeting or offer to help I assume there must be a finish line somewhere.

No intended trolling here but: If you're not racing for your job then you're not really racing, you're just riding. Chill out, enjoy your ride and help someone out. It costs nothing.