Northcliff Cycles in the Cradle this morning - what a bunch of Tjops

Paul Ruinaard

To the long haired guy leading the Northcliff Cycles group road ride in the cradle this morning, you are an unadulterated Tjop. In the Kingdowm of Tjopdom you rank a 12 out of 10.

When your club car riding behind you point blank refuses to move over and give a bit of space to allow me to overtake you all a bit further away (and safer) even though you are climbing at all of 15 kmh, and I eventually manage to overtake, you take it upon yourslef to be the hero and you move over to the right as close to the centre of the road and the white line as you can possibly get to deliberately obstruct me. So i am now behind your bunch of cyclists (now between you and the car) and I have to sit behind you whilst your group, 3 to 4 abreast across the whole road under your command, rides up the hill. BTW - you guys arent TdF material - my speedo didnt even register the speed you guys were climbing.

And to add insult to injury when the guy at the back shouts to you to move over because there is a car, you turn around and do exactly the opposite. I think you even told him what to do with himself.

Eventually i got past when you all slowed down to about 12 kmh up the next hill, but I had to overtake on a solid white line or sit in your bunch of cyclists all thinking they were bullet proof.

For you I have some advice:

1.) In the eternal war between cars and bikes, bikes have yet to win. Carbon Fibre does not provide much protection against steel, and the weights and physics are against you my friend. Undertsand that mate and you may be a little less casual about obstucting cars nest time. ABS will not be enough to save you.

2.) Even as a cyclist, when you are behind a bunch of arrogant twats like you and faced with your attitudes towards me as asnother road user in the cradle, the desire to drive straight over you can alsmost become irrepressible as you made it clear that that you didnt give a continetal about anybody else, and further you obstruct them deliberately. Turning you in to a bonnet ornament was something that played across my mind, . Read 1.) above and see what the result may have been.

3.) Havent you heard of the fact that there are other road users and unless you are paying a special tax to use the whole of the road rather than the cycle lane specially assigned to you, maybe you should think twice, next time you decide to exercise your right to ride a bicycle like a moron. You may find the guy overtaking is not as interested in you and your riders safety (who you are clearly leading and setting a fine example).

4.) And great advertising for Northcliff Cycles guys - your club attitude needs to be looked at if that's what you do with a group ride

Oh and BTW it gets better - you were doing laps (the Northcliff Cycles Criterium it looked like) so you guys passed me later going the opposite way on the second lap and there you all were, all doing the same thing again.Not a continental care and a bakkie with a farmer in behind you, hooting.

I wonder how many people you pissed off in the cradle today and how many people were saying what a bunch of twats you were. And other cyclists will get a bad attitude from them and zero tolernace because of your attitude.

Northcliff Cycles - If you were the only bike shop in town, i would rather ride 500km with an empty Camelbak to the next town than use you guys if thats the example you guys are happy your club leaders set.

Havent you guys heard about the incidents in the Cradle over the last months and last week? Wow - just amazes me how stupidity and arrogance combine. Maybe this is where Darwin was right - natural selection will remove you guys from the gene pool sooner rather than later.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was riding in the Cradle this morning and saw the Northcliff Cycles crew. Thought they were extremely friendly and didn't seem to be getting in the way too much. And there weren't too many cars on the road, so surprised that you found it so difficult to overtake... Oh well, I guess it's all a matter of perception - maybe you were bleak to be inside a car, and not on your bike, on such a beaut morning blink.png

Not the first time NC have been lambasted...

Albeit for other reasons...

Do a hub search, makes you wonder about a business like this.

I was riding in the Cradle this morning and saw the Northcliff Cycles crew. Thought they were extremely friendly and didn't seem to be getting in the way too much. And there weren't too many cars on the road, so surprised that you found it so difficult to overtake... Oh well, I guess it's all a matter of perception - maybe you were bleak to be inside a car, and not on your bike, on such a beaut morning blink.png

Participant, fan or friend?

Not the first time NC have been lambasted...

Albeit for other reasons...

Do a hub search, makes you wonder about a business like this.

Funny enough I was in the shop yesterday and bought some xmas pressies

No issues.All the staff were helpful esp the very attractive blonde chic with the foreign accent:-)blush.png blush.png

Funny enough I was in the shop yesterday and bought some xmas pressies

No issues.All the staff were helpful esp the very attractive blonde chic with the foreign accent:-)blush.png blush.png

Oi Wurm....where's the pics!!! angry.png

Eventually i got past when you all slowed down to about 12 kmh up the next hill, but I had to overtake on a solid white line or sit in your bunch of cyclists all thinking they were bullet proof.

1.) In the eternal war between cars and bikes, bikes have yet to win.

Not associated with them, however I take issue with your eventual action. Rather not blab about your own transgressions on a public forum when lambasting others ;)

I ride a road bike and in the cradle to boot. However, I'm unaware of the 'war' between cars and bikes.... I'm aware of numerous road users, using whatever method of transport (vehicle AND motor vehicle) being very inconsiderate.

Remember, that if you want to take the moral high ground your house better be in order! Splinter / beam in eye stuff.

The weekly crit happens in an enclosed parking area, doubt this was it.

Anyway, I wasn't there either so I'll refrain from pointing fingers, acting all righteous and all.

Question: Did you lodge a complaint at SAPS?

signed,

IQ of triple digits

Edited by robox