PPA Summer League

fandacious

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have to pay R1190 even if you only plan on doing 4 Races ? I can understand this will ensure that each of the 7 events is well supported, but I think if they allowed the entries to be splir per event they would have more riders doing the league at the PPA events. Some riders just want to ride a few races in a stronger field.

provision has been made for these type of situations but email the organisers direct , i don't want to be quoted and then i'm IDK

provision has been made for these type of situations but email the organisers direct , i don't want to be quoted and then i'm IDK

exceptions have been made before on special request, yeah

I have contacted them and the feedback is that you could ride only the PPA rides (or any single events you choose) at the cost of R190 per event. You would still need to purchase a race number (R50 valid for 1 year), a about2time timing chip (R50 can be used at all their future events) and you would need have a CSA licence (R75). Also at PPA events you would need to ride with both Racetec and About2time chips, I did not confirm if you need to be a member of PPA. Can I suggest if you have anymore queries email them directly @ info@wpcyclingevents.co.za.

I have contacted them and the feedback is that you could ride only the PPA rides (or any single events you choose) at the cost of R190 per event. You would still need to purchase a race number (R50 valid for 1 year), a about2time timing chip (R50 can be used at all their future events) and you would need have a CSA licence (R75). Also at PPA events you would need to ride with both Racetec and About2time chips, I did not confirm if you need to be a member of PPA. Can I suggest if you have anymore queries email them directly @ info@wpcyclingevents.co.za.

Email queries to info@wpcycling.com

very important - think of the future ie autumn/winter/ league wrt race numbers and chips. don't ditch them after the summer league. and don't hang the bike up to gather dust.

exceptions have been made before on special request, yeah

When I did this before they limited single entries to 2 per league, or 2 out of 7 in this instance.

It's a type of GC event therefore it might throw things out a bit if suddenly people come to race one event to alter tactics and strategies.

When I did this before they limited single entries to 2 per league, or 2 out of 7 in this instance.

It's a type of GC event therefore it might throw things out a bit if suddenly people come to race one event to alter tactics and strategies.

This is a valid point, I think 3 or 4 out of 7 would be a good compromise.

about2time for league as the system places you as you cross the finish line and takes a photo.

about2time for league as the system places you as you cross the finish line and takes a photo.

Interesting that - the linking of a picture and a timing chip! Did they have issues with cheating in the past?

no , just in case of dead heats. just like t 'd france where officials can scan the frames and ascertain who crossed the line first no matter how close it is.

Sounds like a much better timing method than racetec. Why don't they just let everybody buy the new chip and go with them. I would much rather get my exact time as I crossed the mat. This would also take care of those idiots who race the hardest after the finish line to get to the mats 1st

Will this about2time chips only be necessary for the league? or is racetec not timing PPA races anymore?

No about2time chips will be used for other events. Most likely not PPA races.

About2Time are the official Summer League timekeepers. Racetec is still timing PPA races. Together with about2time; racetec will time 4 of the summer league events. Wearing a racetec chip is not compulsory on those races but if you do not wear you racetec chip on the 4 PPA events, those events would not count towards your PPA seeding. Keep in mind you MUST wear you about2time chip on all 7 events.

About2time was used in most of the lights by Linea events during the last season.

Interesting that - the linking of a picture and a timing chip! Did they have issues with cheating in the past?

You will be able to download your picture crossing the finish line after the event.