Dear Mr Bicycle Trader

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious?????

If Karma was called 'arsehole' as he attests, do you expect him to go back and confront the turkey who did it?

Why?

It should never, NEVER, have happened in the first place.

YOU ARE HEARING ONE SIDE OF THE STORY

THE feedback is as follows go straight to the source and confront them,not for me to give you feed back as this is the problem.Colin is an approachable guy[my dealings with him] so why dont you try this approach.If you still get an unvavourable response i would be the first one to take your side.Just i think doing the whinge way without trying to chat to Colin is not fair.Lets be adults and try for an amicable result

Hairy Muff....I mean fair enough... BUT.....You spoke to the dudes there & they gave you a different story...obviously.

Just from getting to know Karm's on here you can tell he seems like a seriaaasly (sometimes 2 much) honest dude??

I bet you the ou swore he never called him an a**hole but we will never know.

The point is...a while back there was a Cajeeeez incident & T-dawg...their representative responded & tried to sort it out..

he failed miserably but he tried.

Bottom line is, there is an unhappy customer & the shop/staff should make some attempt to rectify this, be it on here or in person??

Dude. You're not helping your (or Dumela's) cause by now insulting people. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Karma put his experience and opinion of the situation forward and you've put yours forward. Leave it at that before you do more damage than good for your beloved LBS.

Cool! a LBS in Stellenb sells at R20 a piece.

Please get me 2Xsets. I need one and I need one for my wife's bike. Can give you the cash at the next Spruit ride?

YOU ARE HEARING ONE SIDE OF THE STORY

That's the point, we have only one side of the story!

And if the facts are as stated - Karma was called an 'arsehole' - there's no excuse you, or anyone else can make to justify it.

Dude. You're not helping your (or Dumela's) cause by now insulting people. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Karma put his experience and opinion of the situation forward and you've put yours forward. Leave it at that before you do more damage than good for your beloved LBS.

He said he stopped reading any further,so what does that mean,there is no explanation or need to give a reply like that,there is a possibility that the reason is that he is add

He said he stopped reading any further,so what does that mean,there is no explanation or need to give a reply like that,there is a possibility that the reason is that he is add

Relax bro.

I was thinking about this thread driving home from work today and on reflection, I came to the conclusion that :

a) this is not the correct way to have addressed the problem.

B) Dumela has done the right thing by not responding.

If a person (customer) has a problem with someone whom provides goods or a service, then IMO the correct thing to do is confront that person regarding the issue?

If you don't want to do it immediately then do it later or the next day?

If you can't (or just would rather not) go back to the original location, then use the phone?

If you are not confident in your language skills then send an email? Have someone check it first if needed?

In any case, give the person concerned an opportunity to explain themselves personally to you?

If they then don't give you a satisfactory expanation or appology, by all means tell people what you are not happy about - we can all use advice on who to avoid and why, but don't, as a first step, put the situation on a public website and invite the opposite party to come forward and air the dirty laudry in front of an audience?

That's my view :-)

B.

What's with all this confrontation stuff. You are lucky if a customer does that. 99 % vote with their feet. And 1% who do complain normally don't get resolution anyway. I can happily say that if I got dissed like this then I would also be baying for blood here.

I vote with my feet. I don't want to confront. Just treat me well in the first place.

Social media is open to all, so why not use it. If you think you have a case then reply. It can be done.

Remember rule 1.) The customer is never wrong. Rule 2.) When the customer is wrong refer to rule 1.)

Anyone who deals with people needs to understand this.

What is it with bike shops and the people who run them. Why can't they get his, even as the people who buy from them flock to online retailers.

What's with all this confrontation stuff. You are lucky if a customer does that. 99 % vote with their feet. And 1% who do complain normally don't get resolution anyway. I can happily say that if I got dissed like this then I would also be baying for blood here.

I vote with my feet. I don't want to confront. Just treat me well in the first place.

Social media is open to all, so why not use it. If you think you have a case then reply. It can be done.

Remember rule 1.) The customer is never wrong. Rule 2.) When the customer is wrong refer to rule 1.)

Anyone who deals with people needs to understand this.

What is it with bike shops and the people who run them. Why can't they get his, even as the people who buy from them flock to online retailers.

I agree 99%with one exception, I have stated on the hub before and will time and time again, to mod your post slightly the 2 rules of business are:

1) the customer is always king, not always right, but .2) When the customer is wrong refer to rule 1.

As others have said no matter how bad your day is, what the client has done or if you believe the world is actually going to end tomorrow, nobody in a service related industry, including sales has the right to disrespect a client in that way.

What may have happened which I thought about is he was not talking to the OP and had a view that he was done with his interaction to client and made the statement in jest to a colleague/mate in the shop etc, this does change the situation from what the OP sees as the story but does not excuse the lack of response.

As for the OP airing his opinion on a public forum, why the hell not, in South Africa I find the biggest problem is that people are complacent and do not tell people when something is wrong, public forum or not the op has a right to make his point, this is why big companies have teams of people search Hello Peter, Facebook, Twitter etc.

A response is deserved if as stated the staff have a different story, the explanation will clear what the story is and restore the reputation of the store, for now all the silence is doing is fueling the fire that the attitude is wrong and customer service in the shop is shoddy. There are a few that Are telling a different side of their experience with Collin but the rest swear not to deal with the store again if they every have.

In a business damage control ensures you do not end up on the big heap of failed business stories especially in an industry where competition is fierce and online shopping is hurting your business every day.

Sorry rant off, my humble 2000000000000000000000 zim dollars!

I think that a lot of people are clueless about what a forum like this is about. These cyber places exist so that we can share our experiences - good or bad - with our peers.

In the old days, Karma would have sat in a pub and told his mates about this oke that called him names. Now he tells us, mates of a slightly different type.

If anybody has a problem with Karma sharing his experiences, they should think twice before they write anything on here, because it is no different. If you don't want to read about how someone else feels about your bike shop, don't read the post.

The million dollar question remains: Did Karma get the brackets he was looking for?

Will get tomorrow from another LBS in midrand.