Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

Lets get back to the cost of the product - there is no way in hell that you can justify the price of either the Pinarello frame(R75K) or Jawbones (R2K). Fact is that both items are priced for bragging rights - "look at me, look at me" I will never pay that money for those or any product just to have bragging rights. Fact is I am in manufacturing and do a load of business in China - I am now so tired of being ripped off that I am buying EVERYTHING from China because they manufacture everything we buy in SA anyway. I just imported solar collectors and heat pump for myself at 50% of the cost the SA suppliers charge. A saving of 15K just on the solar heating system.

South Africans tend to think that they get a better product because they are paying more for it - its all about how much you spend and not what its actually worth, A certain cycle shop in Pta(who sells Pinarello) actually have a "special edition" cycling shirt available for MEGA SPENDERS only - if that doesnt tell you anything nothing will..

Look at the price of Red Bull and Monster, plenty spent on marketing and they charge what people are prepared to pay. Don't think it is worth it then don't drink it. Even Coke, look at the price you pay for a secret recipe in 2L of water

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get back to the cost of the product - there is no way in hell that you can justify the price of either the Pinarello frame(R75K) or Jawbones (R2K). Fact is that both items are priced for bragging rights - "look at me, look at me" I will never pay that money for those or any product just to have bragging rights. Fact is I am in manufacturing and do a load of business in China - I am now so tired of being ripped off that I am buying EVERYTHING from China because they manufacture everything we buy in SA anyway. I just imported solar collectors and heat pump for myself at 50% of the cost the SA suppliers charge. A saving of 15K just on the solar heating system.

South Africans tend to think that they get a better product because they are paying more for it - its all about how much you spend and not what its actually worth, A certain cycle shop in Pta(who sells Pinarello) actually have a "special edition" cycling shirt available for MEGA SPENDERS only - if that doesnt tell you anything nothing will..

Look at the price of Red Bull and Monster, plenty spent on marketing and they charge what people are prepared to pay. Don't think it is worth it then don't drink it. Even Coke, look at the price you pay for a secret recipe in 2L of water

Pinarello charge that price because they can, and you know what they say 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...' If you want to buy the Chinese knockoff or the real thing then that's your prerogative but stop looking for approval.

As far as I know Taiwan is more popular for manufacture of carbon products for big name brands

Japanese scooters - ok

Taiwanese scooters - ok

Chinese scooters - made of cheese or maybe alloy with rice ingredient

As far as I know Taiwan is more popular for manufacture of carbon products for big name brands

Taiwan also good at fake carbon, lol

post-18048-0-95106900-1357279433_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...

Well, all I can say is that I got caught with a look 695 when I confronted the seller he angry, saying that he told.me it a replica a fake. My word boys anyways 11k down the tubes

Next time go to a reputable bike and shop there **** this con artist.

Well, all I can say is that I got caught with a look 695 when I confronted the seller he angry, saying that he told.me it a replica a fake. My word boys anyways 11k down the tubes

Next time go to a reputable bike and shop there **** this con artist.

Be careful. I walked into my lbs and saw a LOOK 9xxmtb and chirped them. I see you okes are selling fake LOOK frames now.

Owner fell off his chair in shock and asked me to explain. So I pointed a few things out and he immediately hopped into the interweb and did the surf of enlightenment. Sure enough it was fake. Being sold through Ali express.

he phoned the owner and asked him to come collect his fake frame same day.

Always check the serial number with LOOK before buying second hand. I nearly got caught as well. I ended up importing a genuine LOOK at a good price, and registered it with LOOK Cycles