Ride a Cannondale - Risk your life

Think Bike

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride a CAAD with a carbon fork, no worries at all. Friends on Super Sixes ride them hard, never seen one fail.

That said, if my fork ever failed like that I would never ride the brand again.

Any brand can fail at anytime. Nothing is infallible. I had a fall with a steel bike ages ago. Damage was cosmetic to frame. 6 months down the line I was doing sprint training and the downtube and toptube snapped just behind the fork.

yikes, pics perhaps? dare i ask: brand of bike/fork?

was thinking of this type of failure:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uDEV4tFXYVM/SCOKUQRedQI/AAAAAAAAAGo/C3PDkjyRlzQ/s1600/DSCF3295.JPG

This however, was from a well used fork, bontrager though, not crackendale. Maybe the more sudden failures are cleaner.

This fork failed because someone threw a spear into the wheel as it was turning. The broken spokes tell the story.

We need to see the other bike's wheels as well as a close-up of that crack, Take a nice photo with a proper macro camera, not a cellphone photo. I don't care how many terrapixels cellphone cameras have, their photos are not good enough for this sort of thing.

Any brand can fail at anytime. Nothing is infallible. I had a fall with a steel bike ages ago. Damage was cosmetic to frame. 6 months down the line I was doing sprint training and the downtube and toptube snapped just behind the fork.

But you HAD A FALL......

But you HAD A FALL......

Point I was trying to make is that something can fail without any warning and no material is without fault.

This fork failed because someone threw a spear into the wheel as it was turning. The broken spokes tell the story.

Agree. Failure in OP's pic looks similar, but no point in speculating further. Even more pointless to go ape about Cannondale, carbon fibre, QA process, country of manufacture etc.

Im a dale Boy too, If it can hold me at 118kg, hard rider, big gears.... they the boss. Also 1 of the few frames to do a 63cm frame for a length of 6'8". I love my farm-gate cannondale bikes, never a change, very good service from Omnico.

This fork failed because someone threw a spear into the wheel as it was turning.

And I thought we had it bad on our roads!

When it comes to MTB theres no way I'm riding plastic

The World Downhill Champ rides a carbon Santa Cruz ....

Shame man. I would just keep on escilating the matter. We are protected by a consumer act and trust me it will work for you as a consumer. Cannondale won't let one unhappy customer ruin their hard earned reputation, I am sure they will help you out. So sorry man, it happens...