RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek is so geskok... voel asof ek 'n familielid verloor het. Ons sal jou altyd onthou Burry - ons ultimate hero!! RIP Ons innige meegevoel met Cherise en die res van die familie.

This news has come as a big shock. So sad, my prayers and thoughts are with Burry's family and friends.

As utterly gutted as I am, the sad truth is that nothing will come of this. Yes, we will organise a massive rememberance ride, maybe even more Critical Mass rides will be put together, but while we are clad in lycra and Sipho who never went to school is behind a 2 ton metal ramming-rod on wheels, we will always pull on the short end. Taking the fight to government won't do anything, they will just pull their shoulders up and give you a "hau" and that will be it. I can't suggest a solution because I don't know of any.

I really feel for Cherise. SACF have given her so many raw deals lately with not including her in teams, and now to lose her husband as well. I wouldn't blame her if she turns her back on cycling completely after this.

1000%

This is the saddest news... My deepest sympathies to his family, friends and colleagues. A bright flame in the SA and international cycling world has been extinguished!

Every day we take out lives in our hands on the roads. When will the motorists learn that there will always be only one loser in a confrontation between bike and car? Please take care out there, people.

Unbelievably sad news. To Cherise Stander and the Stander Family, our deepest condolences!

A very sad day for Cycling and South Africa indeed!