How was your silly season campaign?

I don't track all my rides, but the 3 weeks I was on leave I rode at least 3 times a week in the Cradle. Did a little bit of mtb in between. Did lots of DIY stuff at home leaving me so hot that I tucked into ice cream a little too much - my weight is up despite a whole lot more activity blush.png

Blown out the window completely... been getting around with this...

post-29797-0-18535700-1357543397_thumb.jpg

post-29797-0-31595800-1357543432_thumb.jpg

Today is test ride day to see if I will stand some riding... running is definately out of the question still.

I have been cycling for years, but couldnt keep my weight down effectively.

By cross training, the few times i have been on the bike the last three weeks, i can feel my stamina is better.

Is cross training when your wife gets angry with you as you are out training the whole day?

Mine was not to bad. Also complete the Strava Challenge. think i did about 831km in the challenge,all on my 29er clap.gif . Weight is constant at about 76kg.

Unfortunately, i had to work the whole December, Christams day, New Years all the public Holidays.So frustrating and depressing seeing all the tourist going to Mozambique with their jet ski's and boats,and i have to sit in my office working.thumbdown.gif .

Edited by Lexx

Did 550 km on the road, weight still exactly the same even after a massive amount of food from the 24th to the 26th

Did about 3005km (in my car) and picked up a couple of kays. Need to switch beer brands now as I'm no longer enjoying my old brand. Happy with my bulking up over the festive season, will start with the cutting today... OK maybe tomorrow.

Mine was not to bad. Also complete the Strava Challenge. think i did about 831km in the challenge,all on my 29er

Yeah, that Strava challenge was awesome.

Really motivated me to roll further.

Having to drive up to GP and back, including family commitments, I "lost" about 6 riding days, but still managed 781.8km and 8,713m ascent in 28hr 45min of riding.

Not too bad, but I would have been happy with at least 1000km of riding ( OK, did 4700 km in my car, does it count!?)

edit = Looks like I gained about 2kg in weight. blush.png

Edited by Wannabe

Yeah, that Strava challenge was awesome.

Really motivated me to roll further.

Yip, it was a awesome challenge.

Eina V12! What happened?

Stepped on the edge of a carpet at the bottom of a mates stairs, except that it had a hidden piece of plastic toy under it, and hyper extended and rolled it over - went down hard.... and not even a cycling injury... got to get back on bike soon, Epic is in 2 months.

At least the week before was bike related - fell over while riding one of the crossings in the spruit and landed on the bomb in my pocket... got the nose of the saddle in the other side buttock for good measure too smile.png - I won't post that pic... pics taken a week after the damage occurred...

post-29797-0-15335000-1357548045_thumb.jpg

Worked most of December. Was off for ten days and did 6 rides (200km odd)

Gained some weight.

Managed 567km in 27hours with 6462m ascent... was happy with that...

On the weight side... managed not to change anything there... would like now to start dropping some off now...

• 10 months later...

Lots of base miles and lost 2 kgs. Expected a bit more though.

Target weight 68 from 74!

Eish. The difference a year makes.

I’m now at that target of 68 but my training grinded to halt in November. Will be much the same December so possibly back at 74 in the new year. :wacko:

I will eat like a piglet come what may! :blush: