Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

right i need to have a rant ....

WTF is going on with the bloody bike industry???

Just seen the prices of the new Forces ....

Force Pro ... with XT Groupset .... $7000 odd ... so R70 000

Force Expert .... with SLX ...$5210 ... so like R50 000 ... for SLX!!!!!! Not a F....

http://cdn4.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/G14_650B_Force_PRO_CRB.jpg

Why would you ride a GT anyway? :ph34r:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chainreac...ver/rp-prod4779

Lizard one looks worse.. but ya user reviews still prove its point.

Although a bit pricey for a bit of stretchy neoprene and Velcro, this is worth it just to help keep your shock seals clean. It's long enough to cover any shock, I had to cut mine down to length with scissors but that does mean its the right fit. If your rear shock is in the line of sight for getting muck of the rear wheel I would say this is an essential purchase to help protect the shock seals.

These are simple covers and does what it say; protect from dust and dirt. They are highly stretchable so should fit any rear shocks.

I am from Northern Ireland but am working in Singapore.Our local trails are a mixture of mud and sand so this sleeve takes a lot of abuse each time I use it.Make sure you fit it tightly around the rear shock to avoid any dirt getting in.Even after a full day with the bike caked in mud from top to bottom when I remove this the shock is spotless.just wash and dry and it is as good as new.The single best thing I have put on the bike and worth every penny.

Doesn't look like much but its stopped the shock from sucking in the nasty Stromlo dust. Specially noticeable on 24 hour races when the track gets smashed from the thousands of riders turning it into fine powder that gets into everything.

Also has stopped the slight squeaking noises after laps at a 24 hour races due to dust.

I'd get one for forks and shock, save the cost of new seals and wiping down the straits after every ride. Might look a little soft but who likes forking out (no pun intended) cash just because dust is getting in on ever ride forcing you to pay 40 bucks a few times a year on parts. Cannondale run the boot on their forks so this adoption is following a proven path.

With a low mount shock, this is the best thing i have used. It keep the shock free from bust and crap. simply undo it and wash, to easy

You may not like the look of these but speaking from experience, I have a 2001 Fox Float RL which I have never serviced in 8 years, has been used regularly in horrible conditions, sandy, wet, muddy, dry and a combination of all and my shock looks like new - even a shop could not believe that it had never been serviced. The secret is to keep one of these on it and just was it off after every ride and then dry it out. My seals are fine and my shock looks and works like new (well apart from the internal wear and tear). My front shocks have beneffitted in exactly the same way and where I keep on going, my riding buddies have all had failed seals. What can I say? Great, just make sure you clean and dry it every dirty ride.

Havent serviced my shocks close to 3 years

Edited by 2Nutz

right i need to have a rant ....

WTF is going on with the bloody bike industry???

Just seen the prices of the new Forces ....

Force Pro ... with XT Groupset .... $7000 odd ... so R70 000

Force Expert .... with SLX ...$5210 ... so like R50 000 ... for SLX!!!!!! Not a F....

http://cdn4.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/G14_650B_Force_PRO_CRB.jpg

For that type of moola you could get a boutique brand frame and dream spec build :wacko:

Why anyone would spend that type of money on a GT is beyond me but I guess having the Athertons on your payroll does play havoc with your cash flow :ph34r:

:unsure:

Is there something in the rear wheel arch or between rear triangle and seat post to stop this from happening:

post-24697-0-24347400-1381482467_thumb.jpg

Ride faster and the mud/ rubbish will fly off the tyre before it gets that far :thumbup:

For that type of moola you could get a boutique brand frame and dream spec build :wacko:

Why anyone would spend that type of money on a GT is beyond me but I guess having the Athertons on your payroll does play havoc with your cash flow :ph34r:

just a quick comparison on 650B 150mm

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9028900/p4pb9028900.jpg

AM1 2014 (x9)

4000 Euro equals

53549.19 South African Rand (before shipping incl VAT)

http://www.bikes.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/models/altitude_770-msl-M.jpg?itok=uNVXLrkD

altitude 770MSL 2014 (XT)

5599 US Dollar equals

55256.53 South African Rand

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/09/27/1380287655848-5efksgz97j1v-670-80.jpg

zesty 527 (slx/xt)

5000 US Dollar equals

49345.00 South African Rand

in other words....

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

unless if you go 140mm 650b then the new giant isn't bad, slx with deore shifters for R22500 incl plus backup service........ mmmmmmm......

:unsure:

Is there something in the rear wheel arch or between rear triangle and seat post to stop this from happening:

post-24697-0-24347400-1381482467_thumb.jpg

Sorry but that is a shocking design IMO!

you had better hope "2Nutz" doesn't see this post :ph34r:

but yes I agree, the Makulu and Kalula have the same problem with the positioning of the "mud guard".

Edited by Peach.

but yes I agree, the Makulu and Kalula have the same problem with the positioning of the "mud guard".

Y-R vat ? :ph34r:

ha ha, bring him.. it certainly is not the only shock that has been placed in the line of fire, but this one seems to edge on insanity.

V2 will have a mud guard I bet.

ha ha, bring him.. it certainly is not the only shock that has been placed in the line of fire, but this one seems to edge on insanity.

I can honestly say that I was also sceptical about the design and the placement of the rear shock. After adding one of those shock boots I can tell you that the rear shock is protected.(It is still early days though)

It's as plush as a DH bike and it climbs like a goat with minimal bob. Once the bike settles into its sag it just works

I understand the reason fo the placement. When a trusted manufacturer takes a step like this, it must offer some performance value! I guess it's all a balance between form and function hey?

"So the shock gets some crap on it, but you'll be happy it does when you ride it."

I have a spare shock boot 2nutz.. :P seems the sukuma won't need it.. :lol:

@deviate....saw the just un boxed and assembled giant trance 650b......140mm travel, 13.2kg out the box and selling for 20.5k......did i mention it is one very sexy bike!

Action Cycles in town just have the best Giant prices it seems

@deviate....saw the just un boxed and assembled giant trance 650b......140mm travel, 13.2kg out the box and selling for 20.5k......did i mention it is one very sexy bike!

Action Cycles in town just have the best Giant prices it seems

im under the impression that 650b 140mm travel is the same as 26" 150mm travel????

that is one hell of a good price!! ..... any one want to buy a gt force carbon pro ... full xtr .... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: ill do a special for 17K

Y-R vat ? :ph34r:

Who WHat :devil:

Edited by 2Nutz