Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

I have never done an XCM/XCO race (and don't think I will), I prefer to challenge myself with the much longer XC races (which require a bit more comfort anyway). Hmm, perhaps a change is in order then.

but but but some xcm races are like 85km and xcum's are like 120km....

how much "longer" do you want them to be?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but but but some xcm races are like 85km and xcum's are like 120km....

how much "longer" do you want them to be?

My mate and I like to do events that are >150km. Suckers for punishment I guess. I didn't realise there was a catergory of Ultra Marathon. I though marathons were +- 60km. And I don't like to ride those. Cool, my point still stands. Thanks for the advice guys, and gal.

Edited by TopFuel

Have any of you guys done any marathons on any of these bikes? Sorry if its a stupid question?

not a marathon but at Karkloof this year I did the Night race, Saturday Enduro and Sunday 40km on my Parker, 4X 100mm rear travel, 38T single ring and 11-32.

post-4310-0-96489500-1380318370_thumb.jpg

Have any of you guys done any marathons on any of these bikes? Sorry if its a stupid question?

Hav'nt done any enduro events yet (not really big into the races) but will try them as soon as I've got the set up for it. Thinking of looking at a 140-150mm 650b.

Thanks for the help dude!

Haha yes. ... some of us has done stage races too :D

Yup! HayleyEarth and I have both completed Sani2C (avg of 90km/day x 3 days) on enduro bikes.

Her ride for Sani - 150mm 650B Intense Tracer 275, 32T up front with 11 - 36T at the back and dropper seat post of course.

My ride 168mm rear, 160mm front, Intense 6.6 36T & 28T up front, 11-34T at the back. Dropper. and 2.4" tyres.

So yes... do able. You wil lhave to work harder than the others on the climbs...

but you will have way more fun then them on the descents!

not a marathon but at Karkloof this year I did the Night race, Saturday Enduro and Sunday 40km on my Parker, 4X 100mm rear travel, 38T single ring and 11-32.

post-4310-0-96489500-1380318370_thumb.jpg

40km... pffft! 100mm... double pfffft! :P :lol:

Guest Omega Man

Was thinking of removing the yellow off my HDR when it arrives to go all stealth. Very similar build to the bike reviewed. Either stealth black or this

Isn't the Pike all black? the answer seem self explanatory to me.

STEALTH!!!!

Edited by Omega Man

"Stock" it will look like this

post-1575-0-74629800-1380637783_thumb.jpg

Yellow must go. Maybe use some plasti-dip spray so you can just peel it off when you sell it again, because with your track record it won't be long.

Those the wheels you'll be running???

Yellow must go. Maybe use some plasti-dip spray so you can just peel it off when you sell it again, because with your track record it won't be long.

Also you going 26" or 650B?

Isn't the Pike all black? the answer seem self explanatory to me.

STEALTH!!!!

Pike is all black, indeed.

Still debating the wheels. Fan of I9, but am yet to make up my mind.

Also you going 26" or 650B?

650b. Will go 26" with limbo chips and my Monarch Plus for Morzine to bump travel to 160mm.