Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Me like alot! I have always liked Mondraker's different design ideologies. I wonder how it rides?

One day I will have a garage with all the exotics..........

read the link, and see!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That 10mm stem makes that bike look really odd. :blink:

It does, but I understand the philosophy behind it. And I find it intriguing. More direct steering, better trail manners and so on.

If all pans out I might be in the market for a new enuro/AM bike soonish.

Which would you prefer if it was your choice?

Evil Uprising

post-35569-0-35683100-1390384303_thumb.jpg

Specialized Demo 8

post-35569-0-92608600-1390384279_thumb.jpg

Will have to stilll decide of spec level but just going on frame selection make your choice. I know which I am leaning towards.......

Edited by sk27

Evil Uprising

Specialized Demo 8

Will have to stilll decide of spec level but just going on frame selection make your choice. I know which I am leaning towards.......

Just head them right calling evil a demo 8 is sacrilege :w00t: :lol: :P haha

:P

:lol:

Evil Uprising

Specialized Demo 8

I am hoping the "evil" smiley icon will tell you what my thoughts are :devil:

Evil for me too. Demo 8 will not be kind to you for Enduro / AM. BUT! As much as I lust over an Evil I'd stay away till all their troubles are sorted. There have several delays with reported quality and durability issues. Partners have left the business new ones have come in and have left ...all a bit deur mekaar.

From the outside it looks like it has all the ingredients to have a disaster in the making. And I'm not sure they are better than some of the current offerings on the market to justify the potential hassle.

Guest Omega Man

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think the Evil looks like ass. The DH bike just didn't translate into the AM bike IMO

The linkage area is too busy and the cable routing is shite. It's also just a VERY complicated single pivot.

As far as plastic AM bikes go my vote still goes to the Mojo or the Bronson.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Or just get this.

DUDE! I'm in an open plan office. At least warn us if you plan to post pictures of a sexual nature like that.

Edited by Omega Man

DUDE! I'm in an open plan office. At least warn us if you plan to post pictures of a sexual nature like that.

Hehe.I thought you'd enjoy something from the darkside.

Guest Omega Man

Hehe.I thought you'd enjoy something from the darkside.

I'm LOVING my Tracer. There's something special about an Intense. That's for sure.

I'm LOVING my Tracer. There's something special about an Intense. That's for sure.

Glad to hear. You probably figured it out already, but Intense's don't enjoy going slow. The harder your ride the smoother they get.

Guest Omega Man

Glad to hear. You probably figured it out already, but Intense's don't enjoy going slow. The harder your ride the smoother they get.

Yeah look it's pretty damn capable enough for a gooner like me. I've never hit that rock jump on the Tokai DH flat box on an AM bike before. I always lady braked a bit before it. On the Tracer I can just bam it.

I am hoping the "evil" smiley icon will tell you what my thoughts are :devil:

Love the look of the Evil!!

Evil for me too. Demo 8 will not be kind to you for Enduro / AM. BUT! As much as I lust over an Evil I'd stay away till all their troubles are sorted. There have several delays with reported quality and durability issues. Partners have left the business new ones have come in and have left ...all a bit deur mekaar.

From the outside it looks like it has all the ingredients to have a disaster in the making. And I'm not sure they are better than some of the current offerings on the market to justify the potential hassle.

Always had a soft spot for the demo 8 but also know it's probably to downhill orientated, just keep seeing it and falling in love againa dna again. The Evil was my first choice really, loved the undead!! Not cool that they're having problems though, didn't know that and will definately not commit until its all sorted out. Thanks for the heads up.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think the Evil looks like ass. The DH bike just didn't translate into the AM bike IMO

The linkage area is too busy and the cable routing is shite. It's also just a VERY complicated single pivot.

As far as plastic AM bikes go my vote still goes to the Mojo or the Bronson.

The Evil to me looks badass, such smooth lines but again everyone's opinion differs.

As for the Mojo and Bronson, they're both nice yes but I also like the look of the Ibis Ripley 29(powder blue/black), or Niner Rip 9(metallic green).

Edited by sk27