Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

am I getting this right? you bought fake chinese stuff and labeled it as an S-Works?

AN S-WORKS?

WTF MAN

Get over it if the buyer did - his choice, his money! People will know the difference and so what at the end of the day. If it brings the owner that much joy and he loves looking at his bike and riding it daily as is - so be it!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

am I getting this right? you bought fake chinese stuff and labeled it as an S-Works?

AN S-WORKS?

WTF MAN

Since it is Friday..... :ph34r:

I would not even stick an S-Works sticker on my Chinarello. It's like driving a BM or having a brother, mother or GF in jail.

Sorry but too many BM drivers and Spaz riders being knobs.

You (read "the reader") may or may not be one of them and not all are but there is a shift towards majority imo.

Snap crackle pop ... corn time!! :devil:

Do the Chinese not make all the frames in any case, much like German cars are manufactured in different other countries to save costs? Could it be that the "brand" being labeled onto the end product is what makes it "cheap" or not? Just asking as a layman.

Do the Chinese not make all the frames in any case, much like German cars are manufactured in different other countries to save costs? Could it be that the "brand" being labeled onto the end product is what makes it "cheap" or not? Just asking as a layman.

MOST Bicycle brands are Manufactured in the East but assembled in the Country of the brands origins.

it is often quoted, out the front door then a brand name... out the back door a Chinese frame, some made at the same factory, some not

You need to take the original invoice with you.

I had my second last parcel opened by them as it felt "too light" to be cycling components.

So they might make you open the package, and if it's NOT what you said it is you're in SERIOUS ***

My clothing/kit arrived from China. Customs opened it (actually cut it open and almost sliced into one of the shirts), Still only charged me R37.50. Can't complain about that...

Get over it if the buyer did - his choice, his money! People will know the difference and so what at the end of the day. If it brings the owner that much joy and he loves looking at his bike and riding it daily as is - so be it!

Even the 'layman' noobie guy? I have a problem when this bike comes into the 2nd hand market 2 or 3 owners down the line .... but ja whateva he wants to do :whistling:

My clothing/kit arrived from China. Customs opened it (actually cut it open and almost sliced into one of the shirts), Still only charged me R37.50. Can't complain about that...

pics or didn't happen.... :whistling:

What...?!! You want me to post evidence of my fake Rock Racing kit that you can't buy in this country anyway and the Castelli top that the local importers don't have here...?! The wolves will have me for breakfast. What if I try sell my used/soiled/chamois cream infused bibs at a later stage and con the buyer into thinking it's real...?

that 'rock racing' still gets me, I even had a silly website called rock racing and my bike had rock racing decals and everything, the one moment I let my attention get distracted and Boom! Michael Ball is all on it.

Pissed. :)

MOST Bicycle brands are Manufactured in the East but assembled in the Country of the brands origins.

yes,there are many bicycle Manufacturers in China, at the same time, they also produced OEM bicycle parts for cyclist, good quality for training or competition.

Ive got a new Sram Red Exogram crank if anybody is interested. Its BB30 with 175mm crank arms and 53/39 blades standard crank

Random thought here... you would probably have more success in the classifieds section.

Random thought here... you would probably have more success in the classifieds section.

Decided to post it here for people busy with builds as well

I need some help and advise from the 'experienced importers and bike builders"

Here is the situation .....

I currently have a few (to many my gf would say) bikes so my thoughts were this.

I have a road bike and a tri bike - which is great however after some thought I felt the tri bike was a little over kill for the following reasons.

1. Ironman in SA is very hilly and if I was to be honest I probably only spent half the time tucked in on the bars and the other half upright. Now does the aero advantage make up for a bike with lesser climbing ability (in my view) and that is less comfortable.

2. Come triathlon season I just ride the tri bike, mostly because I have an Adamo saddle which differs from the road bike.

So my thoughts were to sell both: Felt F75 105/Ultegra mix and a Felt B2 Pro full dura ace and buy myself something super awesome. I planned to get the 3T bars from CRC which have small built in extensions so I can use them using tri's and build that onto a f8 style frame. So my here is the burning question - do I strip the tri bike of the dura ace components and then buy shifters? This means I cant go BB30 and I was also hoping to change to a compact crank. or do I sell as is and buy a new gruppo from CRC. Do I suck it up and just ride std crank? What would be a reasonable price for my other bikes - I don't want to have to pay in for this 'upgrade' if possible. In fact I was hoping to get some change. Thanks

post-23299-0-88888800-1410795175_thumb.jpg

Edited by JGR