Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, I have just come across this chines thread of you all. Some really cool bike build here and I am itching to build a carbon MTB my self. Just one question, how does the payment work with Dengfu-Bike & Hongfu-Bikes work. I see Flyxxii is fairly simple via Paypal.

Welcome Gooftroop!

Please PM me if you are interested in bringing in a frame as we are two already and need another two to get the discount.

Cheers for now

So this post is a few months in the making...

After many nights of online research with alot of direction from this thread, I decided to take the plunge and order my first China Carbon!

I narrowed down my options to the FM098 and FM066 SL (most popular road frames it seems) I then came across the below review on Velobuild which threw a bit of a spanner in the works...

http://www.velobuild...zr-002-compared

I contacted Zhongwei and their fast replies and competitive quotes persuaded me to go for the Z-CB-R-002 with a custom paint job and a few added carbon bits and pieces(intergrated handlebar/stem, seatpost and some bottlecages)

Today I received confirmation from Zhongwei that my frame is ready for shipment! They sent me a few pre-shipment pics. I thought I'd share

post-26897-0-78626600-1378897446_thumb.jpg

post-26897-0-29214200-1378897465_thumb.jpg

So now the wait! Expecting the frame within the next 2 weeks - China Post

Still need a groupset and some wheels for the build.

Been looking at set of 50mm carbon clinchers from DengFu any of you landed a set or advise on alternatives? Budget looking pretty tight if I want to get a half decent groupo on.

Very nice frame, love the white on black!

Any indication on ball park figures for the frame please?

Very nice frame, love the white on black!

Any indication on ball park figures for the frame please?

Haha Hairy you keen? Don't think you 'd be able to slap a 150mm fork on that and take it on a SSM ride..

Frame/Fork/Headset - including paint job $390

Hi all ,any body here try a Hylix 29" fork I see the selling them on eBay for R1600. Not sure if I should go this route or just dig deep into the pocket and go for a Niner or X lite

Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a 29er Dual Sus Frame from one of the suppliers. I don't see many in this thread, more HT builds. Has anyone built these up and what are your opinions on them?

I saw quite a few of them on the Trans Baviaans.

Thanks

Awesome JJack. Please let us know how she rides!

I've been looking at some 50mm clinchers aswell, but I found the Dengfu ones are quite heavy (they emailed me something like 1600g) but pretty cheap at like 400 dollars or so.

I've just finished my bike and took it for it's first ride over the weekend. Everything is great from handling, stiffness, comfort etc. Then my seatpost started to slowly slide down. Tightened it but still sliding. Eventually I stripped the seatpost clamp. Can anybody give me some advice on how to fix this issue.

I've just finished my bike and took it for it's first ride over the weekend. Everything is great from handling, stiffness, comfort etc. Then my seatpost started to slowly slide down. Tightened it but still sliding. Eventually I stripped the seatpost clamp. Can anybody give me some advice on how to fix this issue.

Was it the right size seapost clamp? Else try a seatpost shim

Put some carbon paste on the seatpost before inserting into the seat tube. Works like a bomb!