Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

1&2 ... I can do a decent bunny hop on my dress work shoes with SPD's on the bike (my idea of decent is not Danny Mac levels)

3....Sam Hill ... who is she

4. Seems like fun

5. I am chasing minutes, but am both curious and cautious at the same time ... sucks.\

I also know of someone who was rocking in vellies with flats, and he felt good with them on.

Well That GMBN Don guy was faster on flats but is also not normal.

I tried flats with my 5.10 spd shoes when my knee ligament was still recovering.  The grip is good and my shoes are old so not that stiff.

As with most things its a choice of what is ideal and what you can make do with. I tried skate shoes too. You can feel the pins through a thin soled shoe and they are too flexible. There are also durability issues. I cannot see how a Vellie with a poor lace system compared to a proper shoe will ever give the same kind of security on the pedal.  A poor shoe choice could make a move to flats even harder than it should be.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy bike. Crazy riding. From 4 minutes in they are riding this at the 'Ard Rock Enduro.   Edited by Yo-yo

Do us a favour would you...

Please run a vernier over the tyre and let us know the width and volume once inflated. Also if you could mention rim width  :thumbup:

Just got it mounted last night:

Spank Oozy Trail 345, 23psi

post-117165-0-81795200-1528696638_thumb.jpg

Rim inside width

post-117165-0-13902500-1528696670_thumb.jpg

Carcass width

post-117165-0-67158800-1528696782_thumb.jpg

Extreme width, knobs edge to edge

post-117165-0-38746200-1528696850_thumb.jpg

post-117165-0-03363700-1528696930_thumb.jpg

This is my extensive list of things I dislike about your bike.

Mine looks like this:

1- it's not mine

2 - it's not mine

3 - it's not mine

And so on. 

please guys, let's keep things on point and not let the standards drop!

those cranks are not perfectly at 9&3'o'clock ...... shape up or ship out!

Bought these bad boys yesterday.  Have not tried them out on the trails yet but they are super comfy just sitting on the bike with them.  Might get a little hot on long summer days but they can zip on and off!!

post-55150-0-76124700-1528874037_thumb.jpg

Bought these bad boys yesterday.  Have not tried them out on the trails yet but they are super comfy just sitting on the bike with them.  Might get a little hot on long summer days but they can zip on and off!!

Where did you find those? been looking for them lately.

Where did you find those? been looking for them lately.

BMT in Stellenbosch.  I asked them to order me a pair last week Thursday.  They phoned me yesterday to inform me that it's there.

And the best part.... This used to be the more expensive kneepads, I think around R1900 - R2000.  I picked these up for R1200.  Apparently Ion drop their prices on all their MTB stuff to be more competitive.

Edited by CJ Van