• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yummyyyyy!!!

attachicon.gifBell 7.jpeg

attachicon.gifBell 9.jpeg

attachicon.gifBell 11.jpeg

attachicon.gifBell 13.jpeg

I have the Super 2R, this one feels much beefier, the chin guard seems bulkier and the back connection much wider......

KAPOW....

OK so I've has a few rides with it...without the chin bar and just commuting ie pavement hopping...

It feels bulkier than the Super 2R...and the Giant Rail....maybe my imagination but would be interesting to measure its "volume".

I'm riding in 30+ weather and it hasn't got me hot-headed yet....cooling is effective...

It's also "looser" on my head....the helmet is actually comprised of two bits, the outer shell itself and the inner "MIPS" shell...previous versions have the MIPS as a thin yellow plastic skin that is connected to the outer layer by rubber bands...this slides around inside the outer shell....this one has the MIPS as a completely separate, thinner INNER shell with the head band, almost a skull cap which is connected to the outer shell by the same type of elastic bands...this gives the impression that the outer shell is a bit looser fitting and rotates smoothly around your head. Not an unpleasant feeling but I can imagine how well it would rotate on impact and disperse any sideways glancing blow easily without actually affecting your skull.

The magnetic chin strap is a revelation!!! Easily one of the most under-rated design innovations of helmet wear! Its just so easy to secure, even with one hand, just flick one end in the direction of the other and clip together securely! fantastic!

One little niggle is the visor, it doesn't come down quite as low as I would like to have it...for some reason, the design of the pivoting ends is too broad and prevents it from dropping low, no train smash but my other lids...you can see the end of the visor...haven't tried it with googles ala-Enduro yet but with visor up, I'm sure it will accommodate them.

It comes with a great breakaway GoPro mount which clips into the top vent...which brings me to another "niggle"...I always mount my GoPro on the side...there's not a very big flat surface on the the side to stick a mount...it will fit but not the full mount footprint...ahh well!

So without the chin bar, it rides and fits well....will be testing it with chin bar attached in about 8 weeks....

Oh and its black and lumo... what can I say!

(Edit: I've already admitted in previous posts this is a problem I have...I'm not seeing anyone about it and I'm gonna ride it out, I'm sure it will all be OK)

post-35907-0-79003600-1526927915_thumb.jpg

Edited by capediver

OK so I've has a few rides with it...without the chin bar and just commuting ie pavement hopping...

It feels bulkier than the Super 2R...and the Giant Rail....maybe my imagination but would be interesting to measure its "volume".

I'm riding in 30+ weather and it hasn't got me hot-headed yet....cooling is effective...

It's also "looser" on my head....the helmet is actually comprised of two bits, the outer shell itself and the inner "MIPS" shell...previous versions have the MIPS as a thin yellow plastic skin that is connected to the outer layer by rubber bands...this slides around inside the outer shell....this one has the MIPS as a completely separate, thinner INNER shell with the head band, almost a skull cap which is connected to the outer shell by the same type of elastic bands...this gives the impression that the outer shell is a bit looser fitting and rotates smoothly around your head. Not an unpleasant feeling but I can imagine how well it would rotate on impact and disperse any sideways glancing blow easily without actually affecting your skull.

The magnetic chin strap is a revelation!!! Easily one of the most under-rated design innovations of helmet wear! Its just so easy to secure, even with one hand, just flick one end in the direction of the other and clip together securely! fantastic!

One little niggle is the visor, it doesn't come down quite as low as I would like to have it...for some reason, the design of the pivoting ends is too broad and prevents it from dropping low, no train smash but my other lids...you can see the end of the visor...haven't tried it with googles ala-Enduro yet but with visor up, I'm sure it will accommodate them.

It comes with a great breakaway GoPro mount which clips into the top vent...which brings me to another "niggle"...I always mount my GoPro on the side...there's not a very big flat surface on the the side to stick a mount...it will fit but not the full mount footprint...ahh well!

So without the chin bar, it rides and fits well....will be testing it with chin bar attached in about 8 weeks....

(Edit: I've already admitted in previous posts this is a problem I have...I'm not seeing anyone about it and I'm gonna ride it out, I'm sure it will all be OK)

attachicon.gif20171221_173932.jpg

I have the Super 3R and the mips is the same. 

I see you changed back to maxxis since I last saw you!

I have the Super 3R and the mips is the same. 

I see you changed back to maxxis since I last saw you!

Eddy! Old pic...still torn between these and the Spez Butchers...also will be tested in about 8 weeks together with the Maxxis Rekons and their 30mm rims! Just love the 2.8 inch Rekon limo ride they offer but fear they may not hold up in Euro park ride-fest!

Edited by capediver

attachicon.gif20171221_173932.jpg

How well does it accept goggles? I found that with the Giro and Oakley Airbrake goggles, when in the attack position on the bike, the front edge of the lid pushes down on the top of goggles, which end up riding lower down on my nose. It's an aggravation of note.

How well does it accept goggles? I found that with the Giro and Oakley Airbrake goggles, when in the attack position on the bike, the front edge of the lid pushes down on the top of goggles, which end up riding lower down on my nose. It's an aggravation of note.

Don't have goggles for testing but ride with Oakley Jawbreakers without issues, not the same I know but all I got for now....from what I can see, goggles shouldn't be a problem

How is the Giro? It looks like it would be a bit on the hot side for me. I found the first gen Bell Super to be way too hot for my liking and replaced it with a Giant Rail.

sweet DB :thumbup: ironic name: pedal looks forged.

Ha!.

Yeah. I hope it's somewhat better than EVERY OTHER CB product I've ever used.

Mmm, I like those flatties. I want to learn how to ride flats - I heard they were faster than cleats. Anyone seen any of the  One Up  plastic flats available here?

Faster at drawing blood maybe.

And that is not a work of a lie.... :) they are super fast at ripping up shins and calves....

These bad boys are getting a burn tomorrow. Tried to ride with clips again last weekend and I just hated it. If I was chasing seconds i'd force myself to learn to ride with clips again but I much prefer flats.

IMG-20180525-WA0006.jpeg

How's that x2 compared with the debonair? I must admit I found my fox kashima HV on the trance smoother than the RS Debonair on my reign.... decisions... but then there's the mrp coils mmm dreamy