Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as in it doesn't make sense and is it in my head :D or ?

I'm interested to hear, I'm new to trail riding in general, so I'm quite ignorance is bliss type.

I'm keen to drop my bars without cutting the steerer just yet, but coming from a more roadie xc marathon type riding, I've always just preferred flat bars with a minimal back/upsweep

slate

These are the G-Spec version of the Slate. What I've bought. They look great to me. Like a poor man's XT.

post-83454-0-17005900-1526274395_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'm interested to hear, I'm new to trail riding in general, so I'm quite ignorance is bliss type.

I'm keen to drop my bars without cutting the steerer just yet, but coming from a more roadie xc marathon type riding, I've always just preferred flat bars with a minimal back/upsweep

-*cough* *bull***** *cough*

Lol

Anyway. On to the high rise vs raised stem thing.

If you raise your stem it pulls your bars up AND back thereby affecting effective reach as well as stack height. If you drop your stem and put high rise bars on, you just change stack height.

I've got some spank Spike 50mm rise bars on my reign, and almost slammed my stem. It's made the reach that much better than when the stem was raised all the way but my stack height is almost the same. Much more comfortable when out the saddle.

These are the G-Spec version of the Slate. What I've bought. They look great to me. Like a poor man's XT.

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpeg

so g-spec is to trp as "m" is to bmw ?

Edited by BaGearA

got them on tonight. Testing them in my living room they took all the gnar that I could throw at them.

Jeez, front door to balcony at -10%???? Hope you didn't leave skid marks on the travetine!!!

so g-spec is to trp as "m" is to bmw ?

silver and tool free lever reach is the diff between these and the standard ones from what I can tell.

First Impressions.

The brakes look very very nice. If you can get your ego away from the fact that the label doesn't say Shimano or Hope. My Fiance has a set of TRP cable pulls on her roadie and those are also nice looking and haven't give one second of problems. The box comes with 2 very interesting slotted rotors but they will be going in my box of bits. The Shimano floating rotors will stay.

Likes.

1. PRICE!

2. Mmmmm silver. 

3. Level feel feels good for now but will need a few actual rides to confirm

4. Tool free lever reach

5. 4 pot brakes for under 3k!!!

6. They look shimano-esque which is a good thing IMO

7. They don't seem to have lots of lever throw with nothing and then suddenly everything (Shimano riders will know what I'm talking about)

8. Shimano Zee pads fit so no problem tracking down brake pads

Dislikes/Not Perfect (This is just nitpicking)

1. Rear brake hose length. This isn't a problem for me but if you have a long bike with a weird routing it might be. Fitted a Medium Reign perfectly.

2. Only one set of mounting bolts. Not really an issue as I have loads in my box of bits.

In short these Slates are going to have to REALLY SUCK on the trail for me to not be happy with my purchase.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

G Spec is just the top level quad piston version wiff all the bling. 

TRP = Tektro Racing Products

The G in G Spec refers to Gwinn. They are all 4 pot brakes.

Normal Slate

Gspec Slate and Quadiem. All 4 potters.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Formula Cura 4's landing in SA, September 2018 (black only).

We've pre-ordered a gold set for one of our demo bikes  :ph34r:

The new Formula's might just be what I need, but September is still far and Hopes are available in purple.