Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Indeed it is, but I dont see why a channel cant be opened whereby you cant order it from supplier LBS via LBS  supplier. Obviously there is a wait etc involved. It would be some form of market research as well.

pffft, local suppliers. thank heavens for the germans (www.bike*.de)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea

Apparently they don't have a local agent. You can order directly from them @ R1300 for the pack and then $50 postage (R600) then have the joy of customs, vat and duties. Not exactly worth it despite being a good solution for bigger rides and races.

They have distribution in the UK and Australia. I'm sure they could try a bit harder on the shipping costs as $50 flat fee seem pretty expensive. It's a light item and that is for a postal service not even a UPS / DHL service

Aren't they essentially the older OEM Fox 36 (think it was the performance one with the black stanchions) that are now available as a retail option now the 2019 36's with the Grip2 damper and additional adjustably have been released? 

Very possible. All OG Marzocchi's have the lever for the Axle on the right. These new ones have it on the left just like Fox

I'm giving these a try. The combination of my fat ass, rock gardens and a plow-through-everything riding style is  a sure recipe for a broken rear wheel. 

https://www.bikesuspension.com/tyres/ptn-pepi-tire-noodle.html

post-117165-0-02554000-1523951792_thumb.jpg

Stuffing it into a 2.4 Minion DHR wasn't fun.

I ran it at 26PSI on the rear through the rock gardens on Saturday and so far so good. I weigh 87 kg on a good day.

It might be my imagination but the bike felt a bit sluggish accelerating out of the switchbacks, possible that the curry I had the night before had something to do with it. Will feed back here if I break something.

Cheers!

I'm giving these a try. The combination of my fat ass, rock gardens and a plow-through-everything riding style is  a sure recipe for a broken rear wheel. 

https://www.bikesuspension.com/tyres/ptn-pepi-tire-noodle.html

attachicon.gif20180417_154341.jpg

Stuffing it into a 2.4 Minion DHR wasn't fun.

I ran it at 26PSI on the rear through the rock gardens on Saturday and so far so good. I weigh 87 kg on a good day.

It might be my imagination but the bike felt a bit sluggish accelerating out of the switchbacks, possible that the curry I had the night before had something to do with it. Will feed back here if I break something.

Cheers!

rotational weight has A MASSIVE effect on how the bike will handle  .... those things don't look too heavy but you probably felt them.

better than not riding due to a broken wheel tho  :thumbup:

looking at getting a cowbell which I 'll spruce up my own way to " make sum noise" at local enduro races , where do i get one tho ???????????

Cheapest I can find online is on ebay ( 500 bucks for a piece of steel  :huh:  )

post-46013-0-07664000-1524508121_thumb.jpg

looking at getting a cowbell which I 'll spruce up my own way to " make sum noise" at local enduro races , where do i get one tho ???????????

Cheapest I can find online is on ebay ( 500 bucks for a piece of steel  :huh:  )

fill a old metal oil or petrol can with some stone and go boss

fill a old metal oil or petrol can with some stone and go boss

I kinda want a bell 

If out and out stupid levels of noise was the goal ... i have a few ideas  :D

forgot to add, unless you are going "larger" than the guy at the XCO in Stellies, then you are just wasting your time .... can't seem to find a pic of him

I kinda want a bell 

Local ones are very different. They kinda look like two funnels jammed together haphazardly. And I don't see them being used that much around here these days. You could call Kaapagri if you want something authentic. But I would just go and buy the musical instrument instead of an actual cow bell. Its pretty similar. I might have seen them at soundselect. But you'd probably get better prices at orange. They always have specials. I got some bronze strings there for like 50 bucks.  

forgot to add, unless you are going "larger" than the guy at the XCO in Stellies, then you are just wasting your time .... can't seem to find a pic of him

This guy?

post-615-0-19920500-1524548447_thumb.jpg