Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Haha. Not much has changed then. Remember when The Syndicate were racing on Enves for like 2 years or something before Enve actually made them available to the public? Then nobody could afford them anyways.

I'm still rolling on a 26 Glory. Not worried about tyres really. Got 2 spare sets of HR and DHF.

You guys who moved onto 650b early have forgotten the struggle. Welcome back.

Yeah mine are still branded Edge. They have GM written on them in silver pen.

Yeah. Pointless for a pleb like me to have a 650b with all the bells & whistles.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode with a Hans Damph on the front Saturday. No feel. Lost the front a million times. Had a crash. The ONLY thing that tire is good for is the bin.

Have HD's changed recently ?

I rode one on the front of my Tall Boy a couple of years ago, and loved it.

Rode 7 colours of *** out of it, and wore it out eventually.

But I genuinely enjoyed it. Maybe it works in 29're size ..  

Have HD's changed recently ?

No I don't think so. I think the reason I hate it so much is coz of the terrain we ride here. Sort of sand on top of hardpack. Maybe where you are the surface is different? I really know very little about tires. There's other okes who are much more knowledgeable than I.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 3 weeks later...

New Mudhugger Front Race Guard.

Not too sure about the looks, this is a love it or hate it thing. I haven't had to deal with serious mud so far, let's see.

Only issue I find is that due to the low profile, now and then a leaf or twig will jam in between the tire and the guard, making annoying engine sounds.

post-117165-0-18736500-1519109676_thumb.jpg

New Mudhugger Front Race Guard.

Not too sure about the looks, this is a love it or hate it thing. I haven't had to deal with serious mud so far, let's see.

Only issue I find is that due to the low profile, now and then a leaf or twig will jam in between the tire and the guard, making annoying engine sounds.

attachicon.gifbike10.jpg

Damn, Been toying with that idea for the last year and a bit, lack of rain has prevented me from purchasing.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Anyone have the giro switchblade used in conjunction with Oakley airbrake goggles?

First time using the two together recently, and I find the lid pressing down on the top of the goggles, which in turn causes the goggles to press onto the bridge of the nose. It's vrek annoying when riding. Dialed the helmet cradle adjustment super tight so the lid sits as high on the head as possible, still no relief from the nose bridge compaction.

No mention of incompatibility on Oakley or Giro websites/forums as far I could determine (albeit via a quick squizz). But anyone else can confirm, that would suffice.

Anyone have the giro switchblade used in conjunction with Oakley airbrake goggles?

First time using the two together recently, and I find the lid pressing down on the top of the goggles, which in turn causes the goggles to press onto the bridge of the nose. It's vrek annoying when riding. Dialed the helmet cradle adjustment super tight so the lid sits as high on the head as possible, still no relief from the nose bridge compaction.

No mention of incompatibility on Oakley or Giro websites/forums as far I could determine (albeit via a quick squizz). But anyone else can confirm, that would suffice.

Dude, if they're not working, they're not working. You've figured that out for yourself.  :thumbup:

Had a similar problem with my recon and 100% goggles. But my liner was paper thin from extended use. A strip of padding at the brow solved it. I doubt its an option with the new lid though. Oakleys are usually a bit bigger than other goggles. Or they have more of a concave shape above the brow.

Dude, if they're not working, they're not working. You've figured that out for yourself.  :thumbup:

thought I might have missed a clause in the users guide about nose jobs and/or cranial enlargement problem correction options. never know till you ask right?

^_^