Saseeding and trailseeker

Meentb

but they got a better seeding B)

We must have been riding close to each other as also started in batch J and finished 2 min behind you. I saw those guys pass us as well. What a joke! We were all being held up and it wasn't by our group. I think it was group G,H and I tailenders that caused us much pain. The section through Rosemary hill was painfully slow with hoards of people walking and pushing their bikes. It definately motivated me to push on as I need to get a better seeding going forward. Also didn't see those C**** on the podium after. Edited by NoEdgarAllanPoe

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again.

I've been seeded very *** again. My mates dad with an index of 70 something is in E. and I'm in H with a 40 something.

Anyone else experience the wonderful work of saseeding as well?

Just received an email from ss timing regarding my time that is a balls up.

I didnt make my stating batch and obviously started in a much later batch. This means my timing started with my seeded batch although I only crossed the start line 30min after my batch start.

Quite stupid this rule as they can pick up and DQ an early start but not pock up a later start.

Really??? You start a thread bitching and moaning about the seeding for the event, and then you cant even be arsed to make it to the start on time and end up starting in an even later start batch. Wow!

Really??? You start a thread bitching and moaning about the seeding for the event, and then you cant even be arsed to make it to the start on time and end up starting in an even later start batch. Wow!

Agreed :clap: :clap:

Agreed - but not with the same disdain as you. To answer meentb - Very difficult for the start to determine if you have "down-batched" unless you tell them on the start. You could phone them and explain the situation and I sure they would take your word and adjust your time accordingly

Agreed - but not with the same disdain as you. To answer meentb - Very difficult for the start to determine if you have "down-batched" unless you tell them on the start. You could phone them and explain the situation and I sure they would take your word and adjust your time accordingly

But then how do they pick up if you started in an earlier batch...surely that knife cuts both ways

post-11311-0-35755300-1369652190_thumb.png

No. Just wait a while.

Suppose it will help if I read all available info on the website :oops:

Tnx

Granted. Its quite astonishing how you attack without knowing why I was late. But not that it has anything to do with you per say.

And FYFI I wasnt moaning just letting other folks know of this rule in the future.

Granted. Its quite astonishing how you attack without knowing why I was late. But not that it has anything to do with you per say.

And FYFI I wasnt moaning just letting other folks know of this rule in the future.

Every race I have participated in they have told me that if I want to move down to a later batch I can do so, but I must remember that I will lose that time automatically. Common sense in my opinion. Why do they need to go through the hassle of seeding everyone if you are just going to pitch up whenever you want and start in a different batch...

But then how do they pick up if you started in an earlier batch...surely that knife cuts both ways

because the systems are designed to catch cheaters who will take an advantage and not those will be disadvantaged. It is up those who will be disadvantaged to raise their hand

because the systems are designed to catch cheaters who will take an advantage and not those will be disadvantaged. It is up those who will be disadvantaged to raise their hand

But my question is really isn't it the same system then...for you to be able to see who started in an ealier batch, you need to scan every board going past the start line, surely you can then see who started later. Can't be that hard considering all the data is digital. Simple query will rectify.

Since you are FYFI'ing I suggest you HTFU :whistling:

But my question is really isn't it the same system then...for you to be able to see who started in an ealier batch, you need to scan every board going past the start line, surely you can then see who started later. Can't be that hard considering all the data is digital. Simple query will rectify.

yes you can - but the guys doing the timing are focussed on the cheaters. So if it s Batch C - they are only looking for anything higher than C. If they see that, they need to alert someone to find that person and skop him/her out. In those 10 sec someone else may have slipped through so they dont want to be worrying about someone in a lower batch to detract their focus. Now.......you may argue why does it not do automatic penalisation or batch adjustment based upon the current batch...well...it would require additional programming to do that...and at R6 odd a rider for timing, timing is not the most lucrative business in the world...so from a programming point of view the chap that misses his batch late is not a high priority and therefore can be ignored

Edited by Stretch

The SA Seeding system takes an average your top 3 results and uses this formula to calculate your seed for every event

Ri = 100 - 100 x
Winning Time (in seconds)
x Race Weight

Finish Time (in seconds)

Now each event has a weighting based on the distance you do and popularity of the event. Trouble is that your first race will have you in one of the last 2 batches, so your result is not going to be earth shattering and you are going to be called all sorts of names when you pass people.

Your 2nd and 3rd race will have a slightly better seeding, and every race that you get a better result will improve your seeding.

Eventually
you will start with like minded people and the guys
happily cruising at the back will stop swearing at you, looking for you on the podium and find someone else trying to get a better seeding to direct their energy at.

But until your index is way better, you will
continually
be
abused
every time
you pass someone in the single track, lurkers in the long grass will be waiting for you and bottlenecks will
continually
break your
rhythm.

​Point is I enter a race to do exactly that, race...... continually improve my performance, measuring myself against other "racers", in order to do that i need better results, every second counts to a better seeding.

yes you can - but the guys doing the timing are focussed on the cheaters. So if it s Batch C - they are only looking for anything higher than C. If they see that, they need to alert someone to find that person and skop him/her out. In those 10 sec someone else may have slipped through so they dont want to be worrying about someone in a lower batch to detract their focus. Now.......you may argue why does it not do automatic penalisation or batch adjustment based upon the current batch...well...it would require additional programming to do that...and at R6 odd a rider for timing, timing is not the most lucrative business in the world...so from a programming point of view the chap that misses his batch late is not a high priority and therefore can be ignored

I see and get what you saying, just think it a halfbaked system then. If you have the means to track early starters and penalize them, just use the same system to rectify late starters and save yourself huge admin headache later. Just my 2c